Coverage for Rented Camera

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just got asked by one of my clients if they can insure camera equipment they are renting for a vacation they are going on. . I've never heard of that before but he said he did that with State Farm before. He has a renters and PAF policy for his camera. Would he get coverage under either of those? Do standard carriers offer this? Thanks.

Just got asked by one of my clients if they can insure camera equipment they are renting for a vacation they are going on. . I've never heard of that before but he said he did that with State Farm before. He has a renters and PAF policy for his camera. Would he get coverage under either of those? Do standard carriers offer this? Thanks.

Are there any State Farm agent on here that confirm you guys can do that?

First, the coverage areas where you would NOT be covered.

Coverage under a PAP would not be applicable as the insured does not own the item.

Renters Insurance Policy. Section II Liability Coverage - Damage to property of others.
We will not pay for property damage to property, other than a rented golf cart, owned by or rented to the insured.

This leaves possible coverage in the renter’s policy: Coverage B Personal Property.
We cover personal property owned or used by an insured while it is anywhere in the world.

This of course would be subject to the perils insured against, and the policy deductible.

Unless this trip isn't until sometime well into 2017 this probably won't help you here in the U.S., but a "micro-duration" insurance covering items like this is apparently on its way...

https://www.trov.com

First, the coverage areas where you would NOT be covered.

Coverage under a PAP would not be applicable as the insured does not own the item.

Renters Insurance Policy. Section II Liability Coverage - Damage to property of others.
We will not pay for property damage to property, other than a rented golf cart, owned by or rented to the insured.

This leaves possible coverage in the renter’s policy: Coverage B Personal Property.
We cover personal property owned or used by an insured while it is anywhere in the world.

This of course would be subject to the perils insured against, and the policy deductible.

Is this State Farm policy or general? If you're a SF agent, so there is no endorsement to be added for rental items on PAP? The way my client makes it seems is though the SF agent would just add an endorsement and it was super simple.

Back