Covered CA Agent Registration Process

Is the CoveredCa site working for agents?

I still have not received my "green light" email yet but do have several clients waiting to be enrolled.

Anyone successfully enrolling clients in the California Exchange?

I never receive an email, but writing number was there a few days after completing final docs and paying $58.00 fee.

I finalized all my classroom and training toward the end of September. It is now approaching end of October. Open enrollment started for individual on October 1st. It took me 12 days for coveredca to fix the module on your Shop 10 training module so that I can take the exam. I finished my exam on October 14, 2013. I was told that an email will be sent to me for the agent agreement and endorsement fee. I had to call and stayed on the phone for over an hour for the 6th time this month. I finally got the link from one of your customer service rep to make the endorsement payment. I find out that the link and appointment process is through Pinnacle TPA. All this while Pinnacle is delaying the appointment process with all of us agents out here, they have hired agents to solicit business in my area. Now, how is this not a conflict of interest since Pinnacle won the TPA contract to Covered Ca. I strongly suggest that coveredca investigate the delay tactics that Pinnacle is playing with appointing independent agents.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the agreement so that I can sign and send it in. I just made payment via paypal and the receipt states that I would get an email confirmation of the payment. I still have yet to get such confirmation.

I took the exam and passed, but never received email to pay.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Thank you in advance.

I had to call the agent's line for Covered CA and had them send the link to the payment and save a copy of the receipt. Once you do that, don't wait, call them back the next day and tell them you have not received a confirmation of the payment and tell them that you need a contract to be signed as well as other documents. Send it back immediately.

It's like CSI trying to figure out how to do all this. Pinnacle, the TPA, is the problem. They are the ones that the link is coming from so that you can pay. They do not want agents out there for Covered CA as they have hired a bunch of Ins. Agent and got them certified and are going after the business.

I hope that helps.

Is the CoveredCa site working for agents?

I still have not received my "green light" email yet but do have several clients waiting to be enrolled.

Anyone successfully enrolling clients in the California Exchange?

Yes. It's not perfect, it's often exceedingly slow, random error messages pop up frequently, but if you stick with it, it usually works. Have submitted several over the past week

Does anyone know if CC is still accepting applications or still offering the approved courses? I applied today, waiting for a response. Thanks

Latest posts

Back