Covered CA Agent Registration Process

I figured it out. System won't accept a SSN for Federal EIN if the SSN begins with a "0" as first digit. Had to create a fake EIN to register. Sigh!

I called and talked to CoveredCA SHOP call center this morning, and they said that the classes should be posted towards the end of this week.
We will see if they get it together. :swoon:

----------

I also registered Monday, and the website still says status=pending. I am kind of worried, since I never received any email from them after registering. Did anyone else receive an email?

The guy at the call center said I will still receive the email inviting me to register for a class later this week. But we shall see.

Lots of questions about this issue in today's Covered CA reddit chat. No helpful answers.

I am Chris Patton, Covered California

Save yourself some time and ignore these Reddit features. Half the questions are well thought out, important issues that CoveredCA ignores and half of the questions are from agents who don't understand that Reddit is a text-based Q&A, not a webinar.

This is a known problem...I have the same issue. I called today (8/27) and was asked if my SSN starts with a zero...which it does. They said they are trying to fix the issue and will notify me when I can register and sign up for training...there probably won't be any seats left to train before open enrollment, so really nice way to start off...NOT.

I logged into the CovCA site today and still see my registration as "pending" since 8-19-13. I called and spoke to a SHOP rep who informed me that the 8K agents who registered on 8-19-13 are being chosen by geographic location to attend the registration classes. In addition the rep said something about confirming if the agents E & O coverages were current to become registered. As well, I was told they will schedule us for the CalHeers classes after the 1st class leading to the "test" . This looks to me like a last minute flash mob at the local 7-11.

Last edited:
I got my login information yesterday and was able to enroll in the San Jose class (which now shows it's being edited :goofy: ) for 9/27 only 255 total seats.

Oddly, the list yesterday showed no SF nor Sacramento classes at all.

Total locations I saw yesterday (going from memory here and I am not as old as DS4 nor Greensky LOL):

Oroville
Redding
San Jose
Fresno
Chula Vista
Culver City
Chino Hills
San Diego

I believe that was all of the locations available

Last edited:
I got the following email:

------
An administrator for the Covered California Learning Management System created an account for you. To log into the system, you will need to know the following:

Site URL: http://learning.coveredca.com/ Your login ID: ******** Your temporary password: ********

Before you can access features in the system, you must log in. You may be required to enter and confirm a new password. Email the System Administrator at mailto:[email protected] if you have any questions.

----------

I was able to log in, but unable to do anything after that. Dave, where on the site did you register for training?

Last edited:
When you log in on the dashboard "training home" tab you will see the classroom requirement it should be under required learning or upcoming learning.

It will say type - classroom and no date no status.

Click on the "certified insurance agent training - ILT" link (first in that box) and it will take you out to show you the locations and let you enroll in the location/date of your choice.

You have to click on that course title to go and enroll

Last edited:
When you log in on the dashboard "training home" tab you will see the classroom requirement it should be under required learning or upcoming learning.

It will say type - classroom and no date no status.

Click on the "certified insurance agent training - ILT" link (first in that box) and it will take you out to show you the locations and let you enroll in the location/date of your choice.

You have to click on that course title to go and enroll

When I log in it says something like "this module is being revised"- looks like you got in just in time

Back