Covered CA Agent Registration Process

I was told by a Covered CA rep that they will be sending out emails within the next couple of days that will give directions on where to send E & O and fees.

On a conference call as I type with Covered CA as they are falling all over themselves with congratulations on being ready for "open for business" on Oct 1st (even though no agents have been fully certified). Gov Jerry Brown expected on the call at any moment and President Obama sent a message through one of the presenters to "Stand Tall & Proud"

Update: At the end of the call the presenter indicated that an email would be going out later today to agents that have completed training with additional timelines. He also said that the agent contract is still being revised, not ready and will not be ready until sometime next week.

----------

Just received the email from Covered CA

Dear Registered Agent:

Covered California is pleased to inform you that you have successfully completed your agent certification training and exam. On behalf of everyone here committed to launching the new marketplace, we commend you on this achievement.

Soon you will be receiving final instructions to obtain your certification. Currently, Covered California’s Agent Agreement is in final review. Once this important document is made available, we will send you the final instructions along with the Agent Agreement for your signature. This is expected to occur the first week in October. Once you have completed these final steps and the requested documentation has been received by Covered California, you will then be certified to sell Covered California’s health plans in both the Individual and SHOP marketplace.

If you should have questions regarding this process or require additional information, please feel free to contact us. Due to high call volume, we strongly encourage you to send an email to [email protected]. A representative of Covered California will contact you within 24 hours on normal business days. Please also continue to look for additional updates and to visit our website at Affordable Health Insurance | Covered Californiaâ„¢.

We are pleased you have chosen to join us in our mission to help insure the millions of uninsured in California, and thank you for your continued understanding and patience.

We look forward to a successful partnership

Last edited:
For those looking for the training materials for Covered California. From the training home page look to the right to the search box, type in "insurance agent reading material" and filter to bundle. There are 27 documents although they repeat as a PDF PowerPoint and a job aid so really there are 9. Hope this helps.

Once the 8 hr classroom training is completed, how long does the agent portal on the CC website take to be updated and show "completed?"

I was in class on the 17th and I was in the system by the weekend. But I've spoken to others who were in that class we're not in system as quickly. It might be something as simple as alphabetical order since my last name starts with a B.

Is the CoveredCa site working for agents?

I still have not received my "green light" email yet but do have several clients waiting to be enrolled.

Anyone successfully enrolling clients in the California Exchange?

Latest posts

Back