Critical Illness Sales Interview/Script

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
This is a great took to go back and sell a C.I. to your existing clients. My Friend Ken Smith at Assurity Life made this.

It’s been about a year since we met and protected your mortgage in the event either of you were to die prematurely.

When I called, I mentioned I wanted to talk with you about a new type of mortgage protection. You probably have not heard about it, but it is designed to remove the financial stress when someone is diagnosed with a critical illness.

Critical Illness Insurance works just like life insurance, but you don’t have to die. It’s living insurance.

Term life insurance rates have decreased dramatically over the last 25 years. It’s one of the few things that actually cost less. Why do you think that happened? [Is it because we are living longer?] The reason is: we survive the cancers, heart attacks and strokes that used to kill us.

Do you know anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer? Can you tell me about it?
What type of stress do you think (name) and his family have had to deal with? Would a check for $30,000 made a difference for (name)? Do you think it would have reduced the stress for (name) and his family?

The good news is - we now survive those conditions that once killed us. The advances in medicine have been amazing. The bad news is the cost and the stress. That presents a problem. The amazing thing is that a doctor - not an insurance company - created the solution.

Dr. Marius Barnard, you may have heard of him. He is a world famous heart surgeon who assisted his brother, Christian, with the first human heart transplant. That first human heart transplant changed the world of medicine.

Dr. Barnard saw that when his patients suffered a critical illness, he was able to heal them physically, but the financial stress was working against everything he was doing as a doctor and it was killing his patients. Out of concern for his patients, he started talking with financial advisors and insurance companies and conceived the idea of critical illness protection.

It’s important to tell the story of Dr. Barnard and Critical Illness Insurance.
Agents who successfully sell CI include it as part of their presentation.

Here’s how it works.

Critical Illness pays a lump sum on the diagnosis of one of the covered conditions. There are 12 covered conditions. How much are your mortgage payments? [$1500 a month]A $36,000 benefit would protect 2 years of your mortgage payments.
Product (Simplified Critical Illness)

There are 12 covered conditions. They’re broken out in three categories, cancer, heart/stroke and other.

Here’s an example of the way the categories work, if you purchase:

$36,000 - Are diagnosed with invasive cancer, you would receive a check for $36,000. There would be no benefits remaining in the cancer category.

Two years later, you have a heart attack. Assurity would send you another check for $36,000. The heart/stroke category would be done.

Two years later, you’re really unlucky and have kidney failure. You would receive $36,000 and the policy would terminate.

The potential benefit is $108,000. In addition, if you don’t have a claim and die from something other than one of the covered conditions, your beneficiary would receive every cent you have paid.

To protect two years of mortgage payments in case either of you have a critical illness would only be $74.22 each month. That’s less than a $1.25 for each of you. It’s probably less than you spend on coffee, pop or snacks each day.

Notice how I handled the premium. You want to make it seem insignificant.

The reason you purchased mortgage life insurance was to make certain that if you have cancer or a heart attack and you die, your mortgage will be paid completely, isn’t that right?

Today with the advances in medicine, do you think you are more likely to die or survive cancer or heart attack?

What do you think is more likely to happen before age 65, you die or suffer one of these critical illnesses?

It’s as simple as this, if your family, like most families, has difficulty living within your income, then how could your family get by if you suffer a critical illness?

How would you make your mortgage payments if you were diagnosed with cancer?

If you were diagnosed with cancer, would it reduce your stress if you knew your mortgage payments would be taken care of for the next two years?

You spell your name with one “l” - right?

[Prospect - “I’m not sure we can afford this.”] Can you afford not to have it? Which is easier, $2.50 a day while you are working or a $1,500 a month mortgage payment when you have been diagnosed with cancer?

If you are diagnosed with cancer, would you rather lose your home or lose two years of mortgage payments?

[Prospect – “I don’t think it will happen to us.”] You mentioned your {family member,
co-worker} (name). Did he/she ever think it would happen to him/her?

If you knew you were going to be diagnosed with cancer in the next 6 months, would you buy this product? [Yes]……… How do you know you won’t be?

Your last name is spelled T-h-o-m-a-s, correct?

I have tons of other training videos, scripts, links, and other tools that can help you with your C.I. business. We use Assurity Life for our D.I. and C.I. Products.

Re: Critical Illness Sales Interview/ Script

Mark,

I love your posts and you can be very informative for new agents...but why do you always push CI as an income tool instead of just using a DI policy...what happens if the client is in an accident and CI doesn't kick in they will still need the income....I know a large dollar amount of CI can look good but if your trying to replace income DI would be the way to go.

I also like D.I., but C.I. is just my niche. IT goes well with my do you want a get well card or paycheck prospecting systems. I also dont have to deal with tax statements and most client rather have a lump sum, then a monthly payment. But there is a need also for D.I.. It all just depends on the client. But I do believe in D.I. also.

ALso click here to see a quick quote Calculator for both D.I. and C.I.

I will sell the client whatever they want. I guess I'm just bias toward C.I. Reminds me of winning the lottery also, do you want a lump sum or monthly earning....It all depends on how you want it and how long you think you will live.

Mark - enjoyed the post! Good job...

You really can't beat Assurity for pricing now and their portfolio is outstanding. I find it a real easy company to deal with.

Mark - enjoyed the post! Good job...

You really can't beat Assurity for pricing now and their portfolio is outstanding. I find it a real easy company to deal with.

I will be having the Home Office Ken Smith and the V.P. doing monthly training on the D.I. and C.I. product starting next month... May 14th will be the 1st one.

Be sure and sign up for my free email newsletter. Click Here

I will be having monthly training direct from the Home Office and weekly free training from me starting very soon. Just sign up for the free newsletter, and you will get the invite to join us.

What happens when they're long-term disabled, and it's not a "critical illness"?

My point exactly..depending on CI to act like a clients DI is leaving a hole in the coverage....I understand it works well in his prospecting system and I will give Mark the benefit of doubt that he does a full fact finding and offers DI.

Back