Critical Illness Sales Interview/Script

Tumor is no longer affecting my work and income. According to my doctors, the tumor was 95% removed and the 5% that remains is showing no signs of growth. I go back for my next MRI in July.

However, I would agree that CI should be in addition to DI. The really nice thing about CI is the lump-sum payment. With most long-term disability policies, you have a waiting period (e.g. 90 days) ..not so with CI, with CI you get your diagnosis, you get your check.

Bottom line is...everyone should have both.

I wonder if any Company is offering a "combo" policy?
I would think the premium would be pretty high!

Yeah, a combo like Met's that they keep advertising. In other words, you as the agent makes the "combo" when presenting it.

Re: Critical Illness Sales Interview/ Script

Isn't all this covered under ObamaCare? Without premium nor underwriting?

I wish you guys would pay attention!

Rick

yep, plus Obama is going to take care of your LTC and your retirement savings too... just think about how much more money we will have to spend!!!! :1rolleyes:

yep, plus Obama is going to take care of your LTC and your retirement savings too... just think about how much more money we will have to spend!!!! :1rolleyes:
Yes the Dems are very concerned about market loses and want to force our retirement savings in treasuries....Great I'm more concerned about them making our country worthless.

Again, I would argue that a good DI policy can do just as much if not more for you. CI should be in addition to DI, not a replacement. You mention being diagnosed in September of 2009, is the tumor still affecting your work and income? If so, a quality DI policy would still be providing money to supplement your income. CI is a one time shot, what if that heart attack left you partially disabled for years? DI would continue to provide money to run your household.

I wonder how many heart attack survivors or cancer survivors are left partially disabled for years, and how many fully recover within 6 months or a year?

Another interesting stat I'd like to know.

It comes back to the question, would 100 DI policies on average people do more good for more people than 100 CI policies do on a similar population?

I wonder how many heart attack survivors or cancer survivors are left partially disabled for years, and how many fully recover within 6 months or a year?

Another interesting stat I'd like to know.

It comes back to the question, would 100 DI policies on average people do more good for more people than 100 CI policies do on a similar population?

I'd say it depends on your definition of disability. If you mean suffering a physical loss, probably very few. Maybe 10-20 out of 100. However, if you mean by loss of income, probably quite a few more. There are DI policies that will pay a residual benefit as long as you suffer a loss of income that traces back to the disability. For instance, if a doctor or sales person is still trying to rebuild their practice and income, that may qualify for benefits, even though they are perfectly fine healthwise.

As to which would benefit more people, I'd say you'd definitely see more claims on the DI policies. However, it is possible the CI might pay out more dollars. A lot would depend on the size of the policies when being compared.

I also like D.I., but C.I. is just my niche. IT goes well with my do you want a get well card or paycheck prospecting systems. I also dont have to deal with tax statements and most client rather have a lump sum, then a monthly payment. But there is a need also for D.I.. It all just depends on the client. But I do believe in D.I. also.

Mark,
Totally agree with you about the Ci vs. D.I.. Just ask you client if your boss came to tomorrow and said that due to budgeting and current market conditions, he was forced to reduce your income by 40% starting next week.

How fast would you, Mr. Prospect, be looking for a new job? IMMEDIATELY!!! The point here is that you cannot live on 60% of your income being healthy, much less being sick.

That's why most people I talked to have purchased the Ci when offered both products.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never sold CI, but interesting thread...
who are some of the top CI carriers?
[FONT=&quot]Check out Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company. [/FONT]

Last edited:

Never sold CI, but interesting thread...
who are some of the top CI carriers?

AGLA attaches no cost CI and Chronic Illness riders to all of their current term and UL policies. You can choose to accelerate all or a portion of the face amount. The benefit is paid based on how the illness affects life expectancy. You can add an additional rider for an additional premium charge that will pay a set amount upon diagnosis.
The benefits on these riders are taxed under the life insurance provisions of the tax code.

They also have a stand alone CI policy that is very good. It pays the benefit amount upon diagnosis and has an option recurrence benefit. It is a health insurance policy and is taxed as such.

CUL has a nice small CI policy that will pay up to $10,000K lump sum and then $1,000 per month for 12 months.

AGLA attaches no cost CI and Chronic Illness riders to all of their current term and UL policies. You can choose to accelerate all or a portion of the face amount. The benefit is paid based on how the illness affects life expectancy. You can add an additional rider for an additional premium charge that will pay a set amount upon diagnosis.
The benefits on these riders are taxed under the life insurance provisions of the tax code.
So does that mean it's taxed, or not? Thanks for the help and clarification!
They also have a stand alone CI policy that is very good. It pays the benefit amount upon diagnosis and has an option recurrence benefit. It is a health insurance policy and is taxed as such.
So does that mean it's taxed, or not? Thanks for the help and clarification!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back