CRM Software

I love the dry humor on this forum! Priceless.

Scott, there is thread that was started earlier discussing this. You can find it here:

How Do You Manage Your Clients??

Also do a quick search for CRM on the forum.

Check out Frank Stasny, I've looked at his software and it looks pretty solid. I've used SugarCRM, Salesforce, and various others. I kept coming back to Salesforce because I like the customization, on demand, doesn't matter where in the world, use any computer aspect.

Billy

I use vTiger. It's web based so I can access it form my mac, a pc, or even my droid.

I love the dry humor on this forum! Priceless.

Scott, there is thread that was started earlier discussing this. You can find it here:

How Do You Manage Your Clients??

Also do a quick search for CRM on the forum.

Check out Frank Stasny, I've looked at his software and it looks pretty solid. I've used SugarCRM, Salesforce, and various others. I kept coming back to Salesforce because I like the customization, on demand, doesn't matter where in the world, use any computer aspect.

Billy

I am currently testing out Oprious. I don't think Franks sytem will work on a MAC.

Been using YIO for about a year. Works fine for my needs.

Biggest draw back for me is you can not scan into it. Biggest plus is you pay 1 time. Not forever.

A good ole Excel is all I need. Sort them by month of birth so I know how many cards I have to write that month, sort them by month of next contact (different frequency for A,B and C clients) so I know who I have to call that month and sort them by month of business anniversary. Whenever I make a call, I pull up a wordpad file with their facts so I know what I'm going to talk about, type in new facts if there are any, type in the numeric month for next contact on the excel and I'm done.

If SugarCRM is on anyone's list of CRM candidates here are some good resources.

Good Videos:
SugarCRM Demo

Actual demo:
SugarCRM - Commercial Open Source CRM

I like vTiger but it is done by a couple of guys in India and the product is still a bit rough round the edges. They also took (legally? lots of issues there for some people!) a lot of the code from Sugar and later added some functionality like invoicing which I don't think SugarCRM has (but I've not checked extensively as I don't need it.)

Sugar has a huge user-base so there is plenty of help... either free or via paid consultants.

This site will help you survey a ton of different CRM solutions for small biz:

Small Business CRM Resource Centre - Your Free Guide To CRM Help

HTH

Back