Crohns Disease Question

sherpa

I came across someone with crohns, it’s been almost two years since her last attack (3rd in her lifetime)

Humana - Decline
Golden Rule - 4 year separation from last attack then maybe rider
Anthem BSBC - looks to be decline. I am waiting on an UW inquiry response since they no longer offer agent assistance on the phone. BS

I have been speaking with the husband and he claims that when the two year anniversary of her last attack passes, he can get her covered without a rider through State Farm. Can anyone speak to any of this?

Snake Farm writes medical through Time. Unless there is a new guide, a dx of Crohn's is an auto decline with Time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aetna is an outside possibility

Last edited:
Thanks

I thought he was being misled. Do State Farm agents have the ability to write anything other than Time?

oops just saw you mentioned Aetna

To my knowledge all they can offer is Time.

Aetna is a bit of a long shot, but worth looking in to.

I called a State Farm agency here and they indeed only sell Assurant/Time in Indiana. The UW decision at Assurant in auto decline.

Most Snake Farm agents are idiots when it comes to health insurance. No reason to believe anything they say.

Had one of my clients get a rescission letter from Assurant last week. They signed up with a State Farm agent last year. Person had sleep apnea, high BP, high cholesterol, overweight. Checked "yes" answers under some questions, but agent did not ask any details. I don't know how it slipped past Assurant, but it did. Good thing she didn't have any claims.

Had one of my clients get a rescission letter from Assurant last week. They signed up with a State Farm agent last year. Person had sleep apnea, high BP, high cholesterol, overweight. Checked "yes" answers under some questions, but agent did not ask any details. I don't know how it slipped past Assurant, but it did. Good thing she didn't have any claims.

Is this a life client of yours?

Back