CRUMP.com: Commission/Payouts???

Sounds like I should not be interested in any CRUMP office...

I will be speaking with some advisors who I know place some of their business through CRUMP, and I wanted to know in advance what the relationship was like and what they were getting. Naturally, if it made sense for them, I wanted to suggest they test out another General Agent (willing to match payouts + provide better presentation packages + equal or better underwriting... etc.)...

I am assuming the best part about CRUMP is their ability to offer high payouts due to the volume of business they get.

Call Douglas Heath at IIMA/Term Provider. His number is 800-955-9211 x209. They offer pretty good contracts for the carriers they have. This is their website IIMANET Independent Insurance Marketing Alliance

They are also in bed with a number of broker/dealers which allow for certain bonuses/production credits to be counted towards goals for the insurance business that is written with them.

It sounds like the GA you're proposing is offering much of the same with regards to payout...I'm not sure what a better presentation package is and I am curious as to how he'll/she'll get them better underwriting.

What I meant by better underwriting was that this GA has many strong relationships and not just one "Cathy" running LE tables... as for presentation packages, it's essentially marketing support. All the agent has to do is present a prepackaged presentation which inhouse "braintrusts" put together. It is almost as if the agent becomes the arms and legs of the operation...

Call Douglas Heath at IIMA/Term Provider. His number is 800-955-9211 x209. They offer pretty good contracts for the carriers they have. This is their website IIMANET Independent Insurance Marketing Alliance

Second. They do not have some of the web or in house resourse that Crump has. But the payouts are much higher. No online apps though.

Lee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What I meant by better underwriting was that this GA has many strong relationships and not just one "Cathy" running LE tables... as for presentation packages, it's essentially marketing support. All the agent has to do is present a prepackaged presentation which inhouse "braintrusts" put together. It is almost as if the agent becomes the arms and legs of the operation...

A plus for Crump is in house attorneys and Underwriters.

Last edited:
I've been with Crump a short while and all I can say about them is very positive so far. They do provide a lot of "stuff" that helps me sell. I am still learning their website and where to find everything.

I am pleased with the support staff and their willingness to help. so far, so good.

I worked at Crump/Bisys for about 5 years, and put my own business through them as well as some other BGA groups. I would recommend that you spread your business out amongst a few BGA's and over time you will see which group works best for your business and migrate towards them.

Also, some of the groups just mentioned in prior posts are not BGA's, they are sub-bga type groups, just adding another layer to the process by going through them.

Second. They do not have some of the web or in house resourse that Crump has. But the payouts are much higher. No online apps though.

Third. If you're just looking for good comp and little support, then Doug at iimanet is a good contact. He's a good dude.

I believe they are a BGA of Brokers Alliance without the support of BA.

I've been with Crump a short while and all I can say about them is very positive so far. They do provide a lot of "stuff" that helps me sell. I am still learning their website and where to find everything.

I am pleased with the support staff and their willingness to help. so far, so good.

If you don't mind me asking (assuming it is not proprietary and in their NDA)... what "stuff" are you talking about specifically? I'd be interested in knowing.

As for everyone else's posts... thank you for all of your comments. Good info and much appreciated.

Back