Crybaby Amerilife sueing cms because they want to take there comp

Hello gang, I'm new on the forum. So, I'm a captive agent at the moment and I will soon leave captivity and open a sub-agency. Is it worth doing now with the final rule? My upline is an agency, under an FMO, under a marketing company. I don't want to stay as a captive, however, don't know if I should sell as an individual broker at this point or continue with my plans as an agency.

It depends on your own experience in the industry. How long have you been an insurance agent? Do you know how to make the sales consistently? Can you teach it to a new agent? Etc, Etc, Etc.

Hello gang, I'm new on the forum. So, I'm a captive agent at the moment and I will soon leave captivity and open a sub-agency. Is it worth doing now with the final rule? My upline is an agency, under an FMO, under a marketing company. I don't want to stay as a captive, however, don't know if I should sell as an individual broker at this point or continue with my plans as an agency.
I think you’re asking can you put Medicare agents under you as an agent or mga and override them . That’s pretty much history . There’s a possibility Fmo’s or Nmo’s get some type of fee for licensing , training etc . But the days of overriding on enrollments is over for all . If you notice all Medicare shops have been scrambling to expand to life , annuity’s , fe , hospital and cancer plans . There will be none or little marketing money directly to agents . You can still put loa agents under you and pay them x amount for enrollments . But you must provide them with leads and possibly a salary

It depends on your own experience in the industry. How long have you been an insurance agent? Do you know how to make the sales consistently? Can you teach it to a new agent? Etc, Etc, Etc.
I’ve been a successful agent for over 20 years. I’m sure I can teach others my recipe of success. I’m just uncertain about building out a sub-agency or not due to the Medicare final rule. My up Line has notified me that he has been hearing that there has been an uproar and lawsuits due to the medical rule so we shouldn’t see a lot of changes and has assured me that I would still get agency overrides per sale on my downlines.

I’ve been a successful agent for over 20 years. I’m sure I can teach others my recipe of success. I’m just uncertain about building out a sub-agency or not due to the Medicare final rule. My up Line has notified me that he has been hearing that there has been an uproar and lawsuits due to the medical rule so we shouldn’t see a lot of changes and has assured me that I would still get agency overrides per sale on my downlines.
Your upline is wrong . Yes lawsuits filed but you think you’ll beat the gov’t ? CO’s have been quietly informing fmo’s things changing . Forget cms for a second . Mapd profitability has crashed . CO’s will be slashing benefits etc . Do you really believe they would have even paid the same huge overrides even if they could ? Even if people could override marketing money gone . That means overrides will have to be shared with the top agents somehow . The golden goose over . Nobody wants to believe it because they got so fat off of it

Marketing money is gone. Overwrites are not. Overwrites will not be shared with agents. That will be illegal to do after the new ruling. IMHO.

Then I would go independent if you want.

Marketing money is gone. Overwrites are not. Overwrites will not be shared with agents. That will be illegal to do after the new ruling. IMHO.
I disagree based up talking to some Fmo’s high up . But we’ll 100% know in next 2 months what carriers do. I assure you this from me . If the fmo does nothing for me monetarily I promise I’ll find one that does . That could be putting me on his payroll like I’m a trainer or advisor. Just like fe I allow no one to override me without sharing in those overrides .

Your upline is wrong . Yes lawsuits filed but you think you’ll beat the gov’t ? CO’s have been quietly informing fmo’s things changing . Forget cms for a second . Mapd profitability has crashed . CO’s will be slashing benefits etc . Do you really believe they would have even paid the same huge overrides even if they could ? Even if people could override marketing money gone . That means overrides will have to be shared with the top agents somehow . The golden goose over . Nobody wants to believe it because they. got so fat off of it
Manhattan sued the goverment and won whenACA came about. The gov outlawed indemnity plans and Manhattan alone stood against that regulation.So, you can "beat the government".

When you have to struggle to get a release from some of these FMO, IMO etc. Even if you don't owe them money, I don't feel sorry for them at all and I hope they fail.

Back