Datalot, Do or Don't?

I just signed up with Datalot, I have my onboarding conference call this Monday. Most of you think this is a good idea? I'm in Florida and the tri-county area Dade, Broward & Palm Beach are practically closed for homeowner, except maybe Southern Oak in some zip codes that remain open and then only for newer homes, or Citizens (UUHHGGG!!), so it's not worth it for me to pay for homeowner leads.
With as many negative reviews and complaints that they have on BBB, I would politely ask for a refund and find another source

Understood. I appreciate your input. I had read a couple of entries speaking highly of them as it regards private auto leads. the warm hand-off calls.

most of those are 1 comment posts. That is not a good sign
Can you name any lead generators that you might have worked with that you think might render better results? I've worked with NetQuote and AgentInsider in the past, but I hate to have to request refunds on "Donald Duck" and "Popeye The Sailor," and if you're not on top of the leads, after 3 days you have to eat it. They also habitually send you duplicate and triplicate leads, and often times when you call, ten other agents have already called that number and the client is ready to call the cops.

The best leads are the ones you generate. Most lead companies use the same databases and that's why multiple people have called. If you sell a house get referrals

For the last 30 days, we got over 150 new leads from various sources (billboard advertising, print advertising, SEO/website and Facebook Advertising) We use a local marketing company. We are specialized in trucking insurance but we do home and auto as well.

We started using datalot early this year. I will say the majority of people we get connected with are actually looking for insurance quotes, so that’s a step up over other lead services. If they don’t go with us it’s usually because our price is too high or they’re ineligible. I think I’ve made sales from about 1/5 of the datalot leads I’ve gotten. One issue I have is getting the customer’s address- it’s supposed to come in an email when they transfer the customer to you, but that can take too long and the customer gets annoyed if asked to provide it again. So I make sure to interrupt the dispatcher and ask for that before they transfer me.

My agency buys only cheap real time unfiltered leads. We do about 400 new leads a day which go to 10 telemarkers and they transfer to 8 sales agents. We write about 200k a month hope to hit 300k in Nov ... I wouldn’t spend that kind of money on leads unless I knew there was a 100% contact and a 30% close. (That would make the acquisition cost around 75-90 if the leads are 24-30.

but since I have about 10 million dials of data, here’s what I see: 10-20% 1st day contact, 10% quoted off contacts and 10% close. (I rep a captive.) Indies usually see well above 50% close on similar flow.

be prepared to make 60 plus dials per lead over 90 days and expect that 50% of sales will come after the 20th dial.

no lead company necessarily is good or bad, unless the data is bad (low contact) ... if you’re hitting a 10% or better 1st day contact (6 dials day 1)it’s decent.

Our CPC running program above is under $100

Back