Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider

Nothing wrong with it as long as the client is aware that I financially benefit if you accept my recommendations.

Organizations like Consumer Reports and even Dave's biggest competitor Clark Howard make a strong statement that if they accept 1-penny for endorsing a product or service (even if they believe it is a good product) they have compromised their integrity. And it shouldn't happen without making it clear that they are acting as a paid spokesperson. Dave NEVER explains that he is being paid to recommend the things he does.

I just don't like that part about him. I do enjoy his radio show though and agree with much that he says.

Just my opinion.

You would hope that people would surmise that anybody who gives advice has an alternative motive unless hearing otherwise on a subject.

He does seem to hide that fact when he speaking on show, kind of deceptive since he likes to use the term, "We Need Volunteers".

For me the big problem with Dave Ramsey is he basically is taking advantage of Christians to enrich himself. He does paid endorsements but does not make it clear. He enlists church volunteers to do his seminars and then charges something like $70 per head for materials. He is pompous, arrogant, and demeaning to others which has nothing to do with what Jesus taught. Now that is not to say that he doesn't do some good or that I would not sign up to be one of his endorsed business if it was to my advantage or condemn anyone else who does. Business is business it is just that I have problems with Ramsey.

His message s basically for people who do not have their finances under control. For example I have WL, a pocket full of credit cards with no balances on any, but I have no debt except for business debt on commercial real estate but I am not overleveraged. To hear Dave Ramsey talk I am stupid.

Crown Financial Ministries with Howard Dayton teaches the same things Dave Ramsey teaches about getting out of debt but are not soon extreme (like all WL is bad). They are on the radio just not as many stations or as well known as Ramsey. Probably because this is a true ministry. This is the former ministry of Larry Burkett, now deceased. They do seminars and only charge about $25.00 per person. They also offer individual budget counseling with trained counselors at no charge. They also lack the pompousness, arrogancy, and attitude. Most importantly they are not enriching themselves in a somewhat deceptive manner.

Sorry but I don't care for Ramsey although I agree with most of what he teaches.

Anyone who would seek or take financial "advice" from someone whose financial claim to fame is having filed bankruptcy gets what he deserves.:twitchy:

Back