Debt Bomb Coming Soon

AZDave: I hope you're kidding. Bonds represent the largest majority of assets held by U.S. life insurers. The insurance industry as a whole is the largest buyer of corporate and govt. bonds of all types (Federal, State, Local and Foreign). A study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reported 75.5% of life insurer assets were held in bonds. Corporate and Foreign bonds represented the single largest asset class at 46% of holdings. Equities represent less than 3% and real estate less than 1%. Most insurance companies don't even own their home offices. Where did you think their billions were held? Source: Chicago Fed Letter, Number 309, April 2013.

I am concerned about Swiss Re and if it is associated with Credit Suisse. Swiss Re is a HUGE reinsurer, and a lot of carriers are under Swiss Re. Any thoughts?

I am concerned about Swiss Re and if it is associated with Credit Suisse. Swiss Re is a HUGE reinsurer, and a lot of carriers are under Swiss Re. Any thoughts?

To raise needed cash, Credit Suisse sold it remaining shares of Swiss Re last fall, so Swiss Re shouldn't have any exposure in that regard to Credit Suisse

maxresdefault.jpg

I bought TFC and SCHW. Hopefully I did well.

I bought META and Bitcoin near the bottom and that's done pretty well for me.

Probably a smart move. I caught bitcoin pretty low as well.

I saw this earlier today:

Frankly, I don't get bitcoin. I've had people explain it to me, watched interviews, articles, etc. I just don't see the value. But, apparently other people do. I've got a little bit of FOMO, so after it dropped, I bought some. I missed the actual bottom, but I was close enough I feel good about it.

My META bet was very close to the bottom. I bought, then when it dropped again, I bought even more. Feeling really good about that. I'm up like 35% in about 6 months. If only the rest of my moves were that good, lol.

Frankly, I don't get bitcoin. I've had people explain it to me, watched interviews, articles, etc. I just don't see the value. But, apparently other people do. I've got a little bit of FOMO, so after it dropped, I bought some. I missed the actual bottom, but I was close enough I feel good about it.

My META bet was very close to the bottom. I bought, then when it dropped again, I bought even more. Feeling really good about that. I'm up like 35% in about 6 months. If only the rest of my moves were that good, lol.
You want to drink some real bitcoin kool-aid, watch some of Jack Maller's videos. Dude is a crazy bitcoin junkie (he's the CEO of Strike) but makes some really good points in between ranting about the world and life.

He also does a great job explaining why it has value (once your filter out all of the other stuff).

Lol . We heard the same thing about commercial real estate in 2010-12 . $3 trillion needed to be refi’ed . It was the end of commercial real estate. Never heard another word . I’ll be the first to admit I’ll be shocked if the bit has bottomed . 12 yr Bull mkt and we gave back only 1 year if it ( 2021 ) . We never even took out the 2020 all time highs of 3200 on the s@p . All this as rates went up 10 fold on the 10 yr bond . P/e’s should have compressed big just by the fact if rates rising so much . You can get a safe 5% one yr cd so huge competition for stocks .

Also with all the bank calamity loans will be much harder to get thus trouble for the economy . With the Enormous credit card and regular debt out there tough times ahead . We very well could enter a period of deflation and debt bk big .Blame the fed for all this . They gave the mkt a cocaine high for 20 yrs of unlimited printing . Now the painful hangover here . Unfortunately 80% of the population that never participated in the cocaine high will pay the price .

Lol . We heard the same thing about commercial real estate in 2010-12 . $3 trillion needed to be refi’ed . It was the end of commercial real estate. Never heard another word . I’ll be the first to admit I’ll be shocked if the bit has bottomed . 12 yr Bull mkt and we gave back only 1 year if it ( 2021 ) . We never even took out the 2020 all time highs of 3200 on the s@p . All this as rates went up 10 fold on the 10 yr bond . P/e’s should have compressed big just by the fact if rates rising so much . You can get a safe 5% one yr cd so huge competition for stocks .

Also with all the bank calamity loans will be much harder to get thus trouble for the economy . With the Enormous credit card and regular debt out there tough times ahead . We very well could enter a period of deflation and debt bk big .Blame the fed for all this . They gave the mkt a cocaine high for 20 yrs of unlimited printing . Now the painful hangover here . Unfortunately 80% of the population that never participated in the cocaine high will pay the price .

upload_2023-4-4_17-43-2.png

Back