Decisions!! Independent or ICA / Which FMO/IMO to go with?

G Acevedo

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting. I am a new member of this forum but I've been reading threads here for many years now just never posted. I have worked with Amerilife for 2 AEP's and 1 AEP This was my third AEP as an ICA with UHC. When I first got on I felt good about it, I had in my opinion a great AM. He sent me a good amount of hot leads. Now with a new AM, I haven't seen as many hot leads as I did at first. I am not a full time agent as I'm not there yet to be able to be full time. My biggest weakness is marketing!! Marketing myself, marketing materials and anything that has to do with me going out there and getting business. I am not great at making cold calls at all. Hot leads are the easiest thing for me and it works well for me.
I am trying to find out first if I should stay as ICA or not. I know the advantages of not being an ICA because I started in Amerilife, then ventured on my own which I was not successful at all. Then I became an ICA. I've read about TR King and Ritter and Golden Outlook being at the top of the list in many forums. I've looked at both. I'm not clear as to whether or not Ritter does full contract commissions and if they provide leads or not. I am not clear if TR King provides leads or not. I do understand that TR King does keep you getting full commission from the insurance companies. And I really don't understand how Golden Outlook works as I have not really found any good info other than that is a decent company to work with.

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting. I am a new member of this forum but I've been reading threads here for many years now just never posted. I have worked with Amerilife for 2 AEP's and 1 AEP This was my third AEP as an ICA with UHC. When I first got on I felt good about it, I had in my opinion a great AM. He sent me a good amount of hot leads. Now with a new AM, I haven't seen as many hot leads as I did at first. I am not a full time agent as I'm not there yet to be able to be full time. My biggest weakness is marketing!! Marketing myself, marketing materials and anything that has to do with me going out there and getting business. I am not great at making cold calls at all. Hot leads are the easiest thing for me and it works well for me.
I am trying to find out first if I should stay as ICA or not. I know the advantages of not being an ICA because I started in Amerilife, then ventured on my own which I was not successful at all. Then I became an ICA. I've read about TR King and Ritter and Golden Outlook being at the top of the list in many forums. I've looked at both. I'm not clear as to whether or not Ritter does full contract commissions and if they provide leads or not. I am not clear if TR King provides leads or not. I do understand that TR King does keep you getting full commission from the insurance companies. And I really don't understand how Golden Outlook works as I have not really found any good info other than that is a decent company to work with.

Todd doesn't have an in house lead generation department. What I would do, if I were you, is to pick up some marketing books, audiobooks, etc.

Everyone wants Hot Leads, but the ones YOU generate are usually the best. You work PT, so there's a lot of opportunity for you to build up digital marketing, as it takes a lot of time to get going, but it's passive and less expensive.

You could buy DM leads from Lead Heroes. Todd gets a 10% discount.

This is a business, not a job. You're going to have to invest time, money, or both to keep marketing moving.

I appreciate your advice. Question, do you know where I can go to help with digital marketing. I've been wanting to do some of that but I don't know where to begin.

I appreciate your advice. Question, do you know where I can go to help with digital marketing. I've been wanting to do some of that but I don't know where to begin.

So, digital marketing is a wide open space. Medicare is very competitive for blogs, but you should have some content on a website.

Check out The Digital Life Insurance Agent by Jeff Root.

Also, check out Income School, Brian Dean, and Neil Patel on YouTube.

You may decide to specialize in one or two types of marketing. For example, video and e-mail. Content marketing takes a ton of upfront work and a developed system to convert visitors to leads.

You should really write out a marketing plan to determine what you're going to do...

A great insurance agent on this forum said, "You're less of an insurance salesman, and more of an insurance prospector"

The majority of your time, starting out, should be about prospecting and filling up your funnel in the most passive and cost effective way possible.

So, digital marketing is a wide open space. Medicare is very competitive for blogs, but you should have some content on a website.

Check out The Digital Life Insurance Agent by Jeff Root.

Also, check out Income School, Brian Dean, and Neil Patel on YouTube.

You may decide to specialize in one or two types of marketing. For example, video and e-mail. Content marketing takes a ton of upfront work and a developed system to convert visitors to leads.

You should really write out a marketing plan to determine what you're going to do...

A great insurance agent on this forum said, "You're less of an insurance salesman, and more of an insurance prospector"

The majority of your time, starting out, should be about prospecting and filling up your funnel in the most passive and cost effective way possible.

That's a great quote. Marketing has always been my weak point. I will definitely check out those videos and the book. I appreciate your time.

Hello everyone,

Is your focus on Medicare?

Actually, as of today we do! Of course, we're still in the middle of the transition, but will be 100% going shortly.

Mat was an amazing help. Chatting with him was a pleasure today. As I told him, I'm still doing some research but you guys are at the top of my list. If everyone is as pleasant and helpful as he is, you guys are amazing. Thanks

Back