Dental Plans - Ameritas

But wouldn't dentists, at least some of them, balk at filing the claim?

I don't know why they wouldn't. They can call and verify benefits before they treat you. If they wouldn't take my insurance, I might have to go elsewhere(although I really like my dentist).

----------

That looks like a plus and a minus. Nice to have the charge paid for but "available funds" might get used up faster than when a network "caps" provider charges. While I was still working, I always saw that as one of the advantages of the various group health plans-before the Ins Co's share and my share was laid out on the EOB, there was a reduction of provider charges to some network standard. In some cases charges would be eliminated altogether because "the network" said they should be included in the charge for a more basic activity.

I think some of that stuff could run up pretty quick with the assortment of possible charges for dental and vision services. No knowledge of what happens in the hearing aid corner.

The way this plan pays, they'd still be better off.

I have to wonder how many dentists in those networks up their rates for the network. I've checked prices on some in the past and their rates were rediculous. Kind of like having a PDP that charges a $10 copay for a drug you can pay $4 cash for.

After 12 months they'll pay 70% in year 2 and 80% after that on hearing aids ... up to $1,500 a year. No other plan comes close to that.

That's what's so nice about CUL's plan, you have a pool of money that you can spread out in the 3 categories..or use it all on one item like hearing aids or dentures.

That looks like a plus and a minus. Nice to have the charge paid for but "available funds" might get used up faster than when a network "caps" provider charges. While I was still working, I always saw that as one of the advantages of the various group health plans-before the Ins Co's share and my share was laid out on the EOB, there was a reduction of provider charges to some network standard. In some cases charges would be eliminated altogether because "the network" said they should be included in the charge for a more basic activity.

I think some of that stuff could run up pretty quick with the assortment of possible charges for dental and vision services. No knowledge of what happens in the hearing aid corner.

Many group dental plans Are better than anything you can get outside group its like comparing apples and oranges. Many times I have found other plans to be limited in network if the benefits are good you can't get a good dentist. If there is a good network the benefits are not great and premium is more than what people want to pay, Also many times claims were fought

Because of this I had not sold a dental plan in 2 years till I found out about this plan, I like it is a fair deal, I like that you have a pool of money that can be used any way you like for dental vision and hearing,

I have sold half dozen of these just in the last few weeks and will probably purchase for myself as well

Many group dental plans Are better than anything you can get outside group its like comparing apples and oranges. Many times I have found other plans to be limited in network if the benefits are good you can't get a good dentist. If there is a good network the benefits are not great and premium is more than what people want to pay, Also many times claims were fought

Because of this I had not sold a dental plan in 2 years till I found out about this plan, I like it is a fair deal, I like that you have a pool of money that can be used any way you like for dental vision and hearing,

I have sold half dozen of these just in the last few weeks and will probably purchase for myself as well

We are in our last year of Cobra dental and vision and then my wife and I will have to find something else, individually or together. I have definitely been keeping goillini52's comments in mind.

I've always thought that the Ameritas plan is pretty decent, but I've not looked at CUL:

Basic rundown for those not familiar with it....
Advantage II Network
- $21.22 gets you 100% preventative with a $50 deductible. Plus some coverage (10%, 25%, then 50%) on other services like fllings, crowns, bridges, dentures.

You can add Vision on if you want, but I like that it is optional to add vision. Not everyone wants to pay for "Vision" or "Hearing."

Advantage Plus II Network:
Only $33.35, $2,000 Max, and pretty good coverage (I'm not going to list everything).

I also like that is is 100% online application with a PURL. People can just sign up through my e-mail link that I can send them.

I'll check out Central United Life. The monkey said, "It's priced better and put's Ameritas/Security Life to shame" - and I tend to agree with the Monkey, so I'll check it out.

I've always thought that the Ameritas plan is pretty decent, but I've not looked at CUL:

Basic rundown for those not familiar with it....
Advantage II Network
- $21.22 gets you 100% preventative with a $50 deductible. Plus some coverage (10%, 25%, then 50%) on other services like fllings, crowns, bridges, dentures.

You can add Vision on if you want, but I like that it is optional to add vision. Not everyone wants to pay for "Vision" or "Hearing."

Advantage Plus II Network:
Only $33.35, $2,000 Max, and pretty good coverage (I'm not going to list everything).

I also like that is is 100% online application with a PURL. People can just sign up through my e-mail link that I can send them.

I'll check out Central United Life. The monkey said, "It's priced better and put's Ameritas/Security Life to shame" - and I tend to agree with the Monkey, so I'll check it out.

https://producer.manhattanlife.com/Life/temp/DVH16-BR_1216.PDF?a943fc1af05442a6a84d06c801feba1f

Ohio tops out at 70%, everywhere else is 80%. They do have an online enrollment for the DVH and other products.:yes:

Back