Desparately Seeking Advice: Intimated by Old Leads

Darryl,

When you get ready to sell your set can you let us know?

Thanks Toby

There's nothing of value on Ebay right now.

Thank you for your quick responses! Just in time for tonight. No, not with NAA, but I was for about a month. Did alright because that first month involved signing family and friends. However, after I had some transportation issues that involved me losing access to my car for about a week, I realized NAA was not for me. Not because I had time to think but because I was called a loser for not overcoming my obstacle. To old for the name calling stuff, you know? I know, I am still conditioned to use upline--have to move beyond that. BTW - Please let me be clear, I have no problems with NAA and I do not want to start a war. I definitely don't want to lose sight of the original question posted. Please keep the advice coming. It's just that for that particular manager, we were not meant to be together.

I'm not the type to just go up to folks and ask them if they want to buy insurance either.

I had a little accident happen to me this year. I went to a training seminar in Louisville, Ky for a FE company that I write for. I won a door prize for driving the most distance to the meeting. The door prize was a polo shirt with their logo on it. Being a cheapskate, I wore the shirt while working and stopped into a local business that I had been into enough times to know the owners by name. They took one look at the shirt and said, "we didn't know you did insurance!". I did an appointment with them right there on the spot. They bought a $20,000 whole life policy on each of their 4 children and a $500,000 policy on each of them. I walked out of there with over $4000 annual premium on which I have 100% contracts.

I called the company that gave me the shirt and ordered several more in an assortment of colors. I wear them almost every day in the field. I've sold policies at gas stations because of the shirt. I sold a FE policy yesterday to a medicare clint, a referral from one my clients, because she saw the logo and said, "you sell life insurance, too?". I would have brought it up to her, but, I didn't have to, she asked before I could.

Just a simple thing like that breaks the ice that I don't. I also had an apartment manager where I visit for many medicare clients ask me about life insurance because of the shirt. She said she saw me in there all the time and didn't know I also did life insurance. I have an appointment with her and her husband tomorrow.

Sometimes just pure dumb luck is better than sweat equity.

I'm not the type to just go up to folks and ask them if they want to buy insurance either.

I had a little accident happen to me this year. I went to a training seminar in Louisville, Ky for a FE company that I write for. I won a door prize for driving the most distance to the meeting. The door prize was a polo shirt with their logo on it. Being a cheapskate, I wore the shirt while working and stopped into a local business that I had been into enough times to know the owners by name. They took one look at the shirt and said, "we didn't know you did insurance!". I did an appointment with them right there on the spot. They bought a $20,000 whole life policy on each of their 4 children and a $500,000 policy on each of them. I walked out of there with over $4000 annual premium on which I have 100% contracts.

I called the company that gave me the shirt and ordered several more in an assortment of colors. I wear them almost every day in the field. I've sold policies at gas stations because of the shirt. I sold a FE policy yesterday to a medicare clint, a referral from one my clients, because she saw the logo and said, "you sell life insurance, too?". I would have brought it up to her, but, I didn't have to, she asked before I could.

Just a simple thing like that breaks the ice that I don't. I also had an apartment manager where I visit for many medicare clients ask me about life insurance because of the shirt. She said she saw me in there all the time and didn't know I also did life insurance. I have an appointment with her and her husband tomorrow.

Sometimes just pure dumb luck is better than sweat equity.

Great story and illustrate why it is important to let people know what we do. It doesn't have to be obnoxious just friendly non-threatening approaches like a name on a shirt.

Back