Desperate Ohio Needs Money, Takes Up Legislaton to Tax Commissions

So Ohio in its lunacy is being recomended by REPUBLICANS (effing rinos!!) to tax agent commissions because there is a service being provided in exchange for the commission.
This goes for all pass through entities. City and State taxes on top of the income taxes you already pay. Rates will jump really bad, commissions will be cut.

Only way around this is to form a c corp or write outa state.

OHIO HAS THE DUMBEST LEGISLATORS!!!! Might as well call Ohio Mass/Ny, Cali lite...
News Article Details

emptyeternity said:
So Ohio in its lunacy is being recomended by REPUBLICANS (effing rinos!!) to tax agent commissions because there is a service being provided in exchange for the commission.
This goes for all pass through entities. City and State taxes on top of the income taxes you already pay. Rates will jump really bad, commissions will be cut.

OHIO HAS THE DUMBEST LEGISLATORS!!!! Might as well call Ohio Mass/Ny, Cali lite...
News Article Details

I already pay income taxes to the state level and in my state the only taxation cities can do is property tax...But if I lived in Ohio I would be blowing up those legislature phones. ( by blow up I mean calling constantly).

It's about time. Insurance agents already make too much money so the intangible product we sell needs to be taxed much like selling a muffler.

Rick

GreenSky said:
It's about time. Insurance agents already make too much money so the intangible product we sell needs to be taxed much like selling a muffler.

Rick

But it already does....Anyone ever heard of premium taxes? Your true example is an added tax on the guy who put your new muffler on your car over and above the income tax on his wage.

News Article Details

Its all part of the CAT deal right? How stupid... move to somewhere sunny, living in Ohio sucks anyways.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We make to much money? Lol... I dont think Ive ever met anyone who makes to much money. Didnt think that was posdible.

Last edited:

News Article Details

Unbelievable. As if there aren't enough regs that just keep making our business tougher and tougher. The southern states are looking better and better now. :skeptical:

Back