Differences Marketing T65 Vs. 70+

MatthewC

Expert
A seperate non-senior markets thread evolved (sorta) into thoughts about how we might market to a younger T65 -67 differently than those just 5 or more years older. The discussion / thought spawned from a question on whether we should dummy down articles / blogs etc.

As I see it, there was a generational change in technology in the late 90's and those turning 65 now were active and in their mid 40's as the internet became prevalent as a business tool --they had to adapt to the new technology and keep more mentally sharp than those just 10 years older. The T65 group is used to an entirely different level of "research". Certainly, they are more comfortable with the internet, more likely to use the internet in their buying decisions and appear to need more in-depth information than those just 5 or more years older.

Of course, it could be argued that some of the difference is simply the rural senior vs. the sub-urban / city senior. maybe.

Does anyone else have thoughts or observations on how we market differently to these groups? (The T65-67 vs 70+)

I have clients from 65 to 86. Everyone of them have internet access. Probably 95% are in rural areas and I have never met them.

I just signed 81 year old on Aetna supp through esignitue, But I will say this on Internet leads I get all ages and area's and they know the put their Info online, However Teli Leads tend to mostly say they do not have email, And Many times it turns out they do, With Telemarketed Leads they Don't want to give out Info as easily and you have to work harder to build trust

99% of your clients found you on the internet. That could be why they have access.

But that's just a WAG.

Good guess. Dang you're good.

What will you do for your next trick?

Back