Dignity Planning

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Wrote a 78 year old guy a small policy for cremation, 3k with a small $23 monthly premium- guy's one of those wack jobs that calls you every day asking questions about whether his premium will increase, will it expire at 80 etc- Everything I went over very clearly with him when I wrote- Calls everyday with the same questions. Said someone spoke to him about Dignity and he's thinking about exercising his free look- Thats okay since it's a small policy and I don't care to spend hours with him convincing him the benefits of the carrier I put him through-

I did search on these forums and still a little unclear on how Dignity works

Do they have carriers or do they write themselves? Looking to be prepared down the road if I happen to run across this again.. Over a decade in FE and never once came across them- Can someone break down any cons of someone considering going through dignity vs a traditional FE policy?

Thanks

Dignity Planning is more of an association of Funeral Homes nationwide.

Biggest influence is in TX where 1 in 3 Funeral homes are affiliated with Dignity.

They have a planning website for people to prearrange their wishes and view current costs..... They used to work with American Memorial for the longest time for funding of the prearranged plan, though it is not exclusive...

LEGACY has an arrangement that co-markets their system, which is rather nice and you can sell any insurance company plan to get the prearrangement planning.... So, it is not exclusive to any ONE insurance plan.

If you want to learn more, PM me with your email and I can send you a file with all their material and info on how to sign up direct with them as a Pre-Planning rep for their website.

Wrote a 78 year old guy a small policy for cremation, 3k with a small $23 monthly premium- guy's one of those wack jobs that calls you every day asking questions about whether his premium will increase, will it expire at 80 etc- Everything I went over very clearly with him when I wrote- Calls everyday with the same questions. Said someone spoke to him about Dignity and he's thinking about exercising his free look- Thats okay since it's a small policy and I don't care to spend hours with him convincing him the benefits of the carrier I put him through-

I did search on these forums and still a little unclear on how Dignity works

Do they have carriers or do they write themselves? Looking to be prepared down the road if I happen to run across this again.. Over a decade in FE and never once came across them- Can someone break down any cons of someone considering going through dignity vs a traditional FE policy?

Thanks

You can sign up with Dignity Planning to use them with any carrier.. It is a service offered to try to funnel customers to the Dignity Funeral Homes. Some companies encourage their agents to use them.. UHL and SNL come to mind. Only true use I could find for them would be to use them like LH uses their funeral service or to compete with LH.

Last edited:
You can sign up with Dignity Planning to use them with any carrier.. It is a service offered to try to funnel customers to the Dignity Funeral Homes. Some companies encourage their agents to sue them.. UHL and SNL come to mind. Only true use I could find for them would be to use them like LH uses their funeral service or to compete with LH.

Was this a typo meant to be "use"? :D

Wrote a 78 year old guy a small policy for cremation, 3k with a small $23 monthly premium- guy's one of those wack jobs that calls you every day asking questions about whether his premium will increase, will it expire at 80 etc- Everything I went over very clearly with him when I wrote- Calls everyday with the same questions. Said someone spoke to him about Dignity and he's thinking about exercising his free look- Thats okay since it's a small policy and I don't care to spend hours with him convincing him the benefits of the carrier I put him through- I did search on these forums and still a little unclear on how Dignity works Do they have carriers or do they write themselves? Looking to be prepared down the road if I happen to run across this again.. Over a decade in FE and never once came across them- Can someone break down any cons of someone considering going through dignity vs a traditional FE policy? Thanks

Sounds to me like he is talking with an actual Dignity Funeral Home about their PreNeed plan. It's different than an FE using the Dignity Planner.

All it means is that he's looking at actually prepaying the cremation with an SCI owned funeral home. It will be funded with an American Memorial Life policy but it's different than the ones we sell as FE agents. It is exclusive to Dignity Funeral Homes. Premium will be higher than an FE policy but his price of the cremation will be guaranteed forever.

Thanks for the replies- does any FE actually use them? I read on one post here by setting up your clients they will try and steal them from you by convincing them to cancel the FE policy you wrote them- Not sure how true that is- I'm curious how many FE agents here actually pitch this in their presentations-

Thanks for the replies- does any FE actually use them? I read on one post here by setting up your clients they will try and steal them from you by convincing them to cancel the FE policy you wrote them- Not sure how true that is- I'm curious how many FE agents here actually pitch this in their presentations-

I'd be interested in this as well. You could sign them up just after the sale with your laptop. Anything that you do that is out of the ordinary will get the clients to talk about it amongst their friends. Of course this wouldn't work for those of you that are 'in and out' in 15 minutes.

That was an old post of mine. It stemmed from a friend of mine who manages the sales department of a Dignity Funeral Home letting me know that every time I sold an FE policy and used the Dignity Planning System he got a copy of it. It was true, he named the three cases I had written that selected his funeral home. Made me very nervous.

I haven't had any cases stolen and haven't heard of any other agents who have either.

But just be aware that every a Dignity Funeral Home has a very active sales team selling funeral insurance. They are in competition with you.

Play up YOUR strength which is the lower monthly premium.

Newby, are preneed polices contestable?

That was an old post of mine. It stemmed from a friend of mine who manages the sales department of a Dignity Funeral Home letting me know that every time I sold an FE policy and used the Dignity Planning System he got a copy of it. It was true, he named the three cases I had written that selected his funeral home. Made me very nervous.

I haven't had any cases stolen and haven't heard of any other agents who have either.

But just be aware that every a Dignity Funeral Home has a very active sales team selling funeral insurance. They are in competition with you.

Play up YOUR strength which is the lower monthly premium.

Newby, are preneed polices contestable?

Not really. They are guaranteed issue. So there would be nothing to contest. Ages 0-99 can have Aids, heart attack this morning, be in a nursing home or even hospice care. 70% covered at the 12-th month. 100% at the 24th.

If they choose to, they can answer some health questions and be 100% from day one. That would be contestible.

There isn't much clean sheeting with PreNeed because most people don't even realize there is a death benefit at all. They are just trying to get their funeral paid in full. Usually when the appointment is about over, I'll say "Since you are in good health now, if you died before you had this paid in full your funeral will be paid by your policy, not your family. " and they say "Really? How do they do that?"

Back