Dinner Seminars for retirement

I see no reason they can't nor anything in SECURE ACT that is changing that.
Your basic example could have already been done for a 69 year old to allow a non working spouse to contribute to a Traditional IRA based on working spouse earned income. Only thing SECURE ACT appears to have changed is removing the max age of 70 for Traditional IRA contributions.

Note there are limits on MAGI to be able to deduct contributions if a participant in employer plan, etc and must have earned W2 or Sched C income. Also best for client to confirm at tax filing they are eligible before making the contribution

Thanks for the comments.

Just an "old fart" thinking about a way to convert a little bit of Table I RMD money into Table II RMD money.

Must be an old fart with young bride if you are using table II. I believe most RMD utilize Table 3

Table II is legit. The IRA contribution amounts are not a lot of money compared to some other discussions that go on here, but it just comes under the heading of doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

Last edited:
but it just comes under the heading of doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

Just to be clear, are we talking about IRA contributions or are we talking about your efforts with your young bride. If the latter, keep doing the best you can with what you have to work with. Speaking of that, does Medicare cover the little blue pill? Asking for a friend.
:biggrin:

Back