Direct Mail Leads - All areas

Believe what you wish - but I do tens of thousands of mailers each month - I'm well aware of how it works.

I could see us putting a stamp on 20,000 envelopes - funny . . .

Tom

Any suggestions on where to find a good list? Or, what makes a "good" list?

I'm tempted to throw $500-$1,000 at a direct-mail campaign and see what happens...

Any suggestions on where to find a good list? Or, what makes a "good" list?

I'm tempted to throw $500-$1,000 at a direct-mail campaign and see what happens...

Caldwell-Lists.com

Tell them TC sent ya . . .

Also - put together your own "mailer" and Co-Op it with area businesses. Not only will you get yours for free - you can make a few bucks as well.

In addition - based on my experience - your return is greater.

Also - do not - I repeat - do not - no postage necessary on your cards. Put a HUGE 800# on the card and make them put a stamp on the card.

1) You will get a better prospect by requiring the stamp. Less lookey lou's . . .

2) Twice as many prospects will call the 800# giving you a fresher lead and immediate response.

Here is the averages we've seen over the last 2 months:

.75% sent back in a card

2.5% called the 800#

If you absolutely must mail a card like the $255 mailer - I have a source for $400 a thousand if you commit to 20k over a 12 month period - 1k minimum per send out. All-Inclusive!

Tom

Caldwell-Lists.com

Tell them TC sent ya . . .

Also - put together your own "mailer" and Co-Op it with area businesses. Not only will you get yours for free - you can make a few bucks as well.

In addition - based on my experience - your return is greater.

Also - do not - I repeat - do not - no postage necessary on your cards. Put a HUGE 800# on the card and make them put a stamp on the card.

1) You will get a better prospect by requiring the stamp. Less lookey lou's . . .

2) Twice as many prospects will call the 800# giving you a fresher lead and immediate response.

Here is the averages we've seen over the last 2 months:

.75% sent back in a card

2.5% called the 800#

If you absolutely must mail a card like the $255 mailer - I have a source for $400 a thousand if you commit to 20k over a 12 month period - 1k minimum per send out. All-Inclusive!

Tom

Who can do a reply mailer card. Where do you get them?

who is the all inclusive source for $400/1000

Who can do a reply mailer card. Where do you get them?

who is the all inclusive source for $400/1000

Now to be sure we are on the same page - this pricing is for mailing a preprinted piece - they handle everything - you provide the list of prospects or they can mail to a generic list - but it's more effective if you get a list from say caldwell-lists.com or any other data vendor.

They need the data in a excel format.

The piece is 12pt UV coated stock 4" x 11" folded, perforated and tabbed. Then addressed and mailed.

$800 upfront - 1st 1k mailing and the last 1k mailing. 20k / 12 Month Contract.

Alternate Concept - Your card can be inserted into a Co-Op mailing ( no competitors ) of 5,000 pieces for only $500. You use your business reply permit for the return OR make them put a stamp on it. Must commit to 60k pieces. $500 Deposit required in addition to first mailing fee.

Drop me an email if interested.

Tom

#1 - Want is Caldwell charging for 5000 pieces of data?

#2 - . . . and as far as the preprinted reply card who is the company for that?

1) Anywhere between .08 and .20 - depends on filters. You can supply data from any source or pick the State and we'll use our generic data - but, it's like a year old . . .

You should actually send a mailer to the same data 3 times - well except for those that already responded.

2) Drop me an email and I can hook you up. They do everything in house. They do mailouts and Co-op mailouts. My oldest daughter runs that show. She subs out the printing and does all the "mailing" personally.

Believe what you wish - but I do tens of thousands of mailers each month - I'm well aware of how it works.

I could see us putting a stamp on 20,000 envelopes - funny . . .

Tom

You still don't get it. I don't put a stamp on the envelope, a machine does and it is part of the bulk mail rate. The only purpose is to make the piece not look like typical bulk mail. The cost is a couple dollars per thousand at the most for my mail company to run it through the machine.

I don't do 20000 mailers at a time. I don't know why a one man show would do that many, but if you want your mail piece to not look like the same old bulk mail everyone gets, ask your mail company what it would cost. The 10 cent stamp is part of the bulk mail rate so it costs nothing but the machine time to apply the stamp.

If you didn't already know everything about the business it would be easier to converse with you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now to be sure we are on the same page - this pricing is for mailing a preprinted piece - they handle everything - you provide the list of prospects or they can mail to a generic list - but it's more effective if you get a list from say caldwell-lists.com or any other data vendor.

They need the data in a excel format.

The piece is 12pt UV coated stock 4" x 11" folded, perforated and tabbed. Then addressed and mailed.

$800 upfront - 1st 1k mailing and the last 1k mailing. 20k / 12 Month Contract.

Alternate Concept - Your card can be inserted into a Co-Op mailing ( no competitors ) of 5,000 pieces for only $500. You use your business reply permit for the return OR make them put a stamp on it. Must commit to 60k pieces. $500 Deposit required in addition to first mailing fee.

Drop me an email if interested.

Tom

...or you can do it yourself. The post office helps you with the Business Reply design so it is compliant. I just did a mailing of 2000 and my total cost was under $700 including the printing of the business reply cards and a 1 page newsletter that I designed and is personalized, stuffing, stamping (another subject in dispute) and bulk mail postage. I have no need to commit to 20k peices, can change it up anytime I want, my mailing company sends them as I email the orders in so I can turn the faucet on and off, and I have total control without a contract. They are mailed from the same city I live in and everything has my return address on it.

Tom's program sounds interesting, but I am too independent to get involved with it. I don't like giving up control or commissions. If I was new, or new to direct mail, I would look into it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I designed and printed 5000 Business Reply Cards that I will use until depleted. That is the most I want of the particular message I am using, so when those run out I will look at the response rates and change the back side of the card according to what product I am emphasizing and the response I have been getting.

Last edited:
Good points Chuck.

I personally hope you get a 10% return . . .

Nothing works like a full color direct mail piece . . .

Especially one with a grieving family sitting at the burial site with that "death" look upon their faces - saying on the front:

EVERYONE DIES !!

WHO PAYS FOR IT ??

Then inside:

Do you have a plan in place?

Are your loved ones prepared for the burden?

Who in your family has $10,000 to spare?

Pay a little now versus alot later!

Call Us Today - OR - stamp this card and send it in!

Your Family Will Be Glad You Did!

Of course - the normal disclaimers and other sales info.

Simple Issue Life sales are best when based on emotion.

I've done my job if their tears are still wet as they read off their routing # . . . ;)

Tom

Back