Disability Insurance for Private Investigator

thecorp

Expert
Have a 50 year-old female who is a Private Investigator in the state of Georgia. Makes $80k per year. Was told that her occupation was a non-insurable class.

Is that true? Does she have any other options?

*Disclaimer: I'm a DI newbie. Just doing some research for her as she's also interested in a life policy. *

Have a 50 year-old female who is a Private Investigator in the state of Georgia. Makes $80k per year. Was told that her occupation was a non-insurable class.

Is that true? Does she have any other options?

*Disclaimer: I'm a DI newbie. Just doing some research for her as she's also interested in a life policy. *

This is tricky. Look at Illinois Mutual and/or Assurity.

Maybe the GR ONL policy (big maybe).

If she carries a gun on her person on a regular basis, she's likely NI.

Is she a 1099 for hire? Income might be tricky. She has her 1040's et al. readily available, correct?

She owns her own LLC and does NOT carry a gun.

Does that increase her chances?

Anyone licensed for DI in GA? Be happy to turn this over to them.

If she could add 2 more people to her (company) such as any 1099's she pays for services or people who work for her, she could get AFLAC (at least here in Florida she could).

I just ran a quote for Aflac D.I. and for $1,200 per month it was $12.00 per week with benefits starting after 7 days (day one as a result of an accident) and lasting 2 years on that specific quote.

This is the best quote I've seen so far compared to Assurity, ML and MOO unless of course I'm doing something wrong.

Class 1 with Illinois Mutual, possibly insurable with Fidelity Security but I don't have their guide handy. Decline with Assurity and everyone else.

If she could add 2 more people to her (company) such as any 1099's she pays for services or people who work for her, she could get AFLAC (at least here in Florida she could).

I just ran a quote for Aflac D.I. and for $1,200 per month it was $12.00 per week with benefits starting after 7 days (day one as a result of an accident) and lasting 2 years on that specific quote.

This is the best quote I've seen so far compared to Assurity, ML and MOO unless of course I'm doing something wrong.

If she goes group, she could likely find better LTD rates from some of the other major group carriers. Especially if she happens to employ more favorable risks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
She owns her own LLC and does NOT carry a gun.

Does that increase her chances?

Anyone licensed for DI in GA? Be happy to turn this over to them.

I'm licensed in GA, and I'd be happy to talk to her, but I don't see this going very far. Maybe CI is the work around?

Last edited:
Never heard an answer, but does she have any other employees? If there's 2 or more, I have a good plan that will work for her.

Back