DM Leads - Appointment Setting Woes

Hi guys,

just wanted to say thanks for the help.

KRobby, my lurking was in the marketing threads but never on setting appointments of this type. I will keep googling for these threads.

I'll just get in front of them from here out.

Constant discussion here--Door knock/call them yourself/Telemarketer

Only way to know is to TRY them but I agree in the beginning go simple

When you door knock-- You get all the information you need. Does their house look dilapidated, do they look ill? Most important, you often just get a go/no go at the door

"OH YA I NEED THAT COME ON IN!"

Or "I brought the info with me, can I share it with you?" :Sure come in"

Or "can we meet tomorrow afternoon like after 2?"

Of "Thats not what I thought forget it"--saves time.

OH and--Seniors often won't answer from numbers they don't know.

Last edited:
Update for everyone:

I door knocked one of the DM leads today and set an appointment for next Monday. I was happy. Talked to an experienced agent and he told me he also DK's the neighbor on each side an across the street. That's what I'm going to do from here on out too.

I was so pumped I DK'd all my internet leads from January too. No more appointments but that's ok.

Cash50 i don't want to burst your bubble but today's Tuesday. The chance of the person remembering the appt 6 days from now is like 1%. The only chance you have is they just happen to be there. I had 11 appts on Monday that were made on Sat and 8 were there and of those 8 i bet 3 remembered i was coming. If somebody answers that door find a way to get in the house right then.

Update for everyone:

I door knocked one of the DM leads today and set an appointment for next Monday. I was happy. Talked to an experienced agent and he told me he also DK's the neighbor on each side an across the street. That's what I'm going to do from here on out too.

I was so pumped I DK'd all my internet leads from January too. No more appointments but that's ok.

Why on earth would you set an appointment that far out?

I bet that experienced agent giving you that info is far from successful.

Why on earth would you set an appointment that far out?

I bet that experienced agent giving you that info is far from successful.
Well his advice is to set appointments 72 hours out, maximum. I figured getting something down is better than nothing, and told her I'd call day of to remind.

What should I have done? She had no availability Thursday or Friday.

I see Bibh said I should have tried harder to get in right there. Just tell her "it will only take a few minutes to find out if we can help"? She didn't remember filling out the card.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate all the help.

Well his advice is to set appointments 72 hours out, maximum. I figured getting something down is better than nothing, and told her I'd call day of to remind.

What should I have done? She had no availability Thursday or Friday.

I see Bibh said I should have tried harder to get in right there. Just tell her "it will only take a few minutes to find out if we can help"? She didn't remember filling out the card.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate all the help.

I think 72 hours is bad advice. I won't schedule more than 1 day out.

I know many successful FE agents that schedule Monday appointments on Saturday morning. And they do that every week. That would be the maximum time to schedule out. Those agents won't schedule for Tues on Sat.

If I have to DK then I get in right then or it's a wash. I'm not scheduling with them even if they want the next day. If I'm DK'ing them it's because I'm there.

In the case I'm DK'ing someone because I don't have a phone number and they can't meet then I will get a phone number and tell them I'll call next time I'm going to be in that area.

If they won't give a phone number then I trash that lead or just it to them. I don't need their info.

As for DK'ing the neighbors, I don't know of even one successful FE agent that does that. I've heard talking head FOS marketers say to do that.

I think 72 hours is bad advice. I won't schedule more than 1 day out.

I know many successful FE agents that schedule Monday appointments on Saturday morning. And they do that every week. That would be the maximum time to schedule out. Those agents won't schedule for Tues on Sat.

If I have to DK then I get in right then or it's a wash. I'm not scheduling with them even if they want the next day. If I'm DK'ing them it's because I'm there.

In the case I'm DK'ing someone because I don't have a phone number and they can't meet then I will get a phone number and tell them I'll call next time I'm going to be in that area.

If they won't give a phone number then I trash that lead or just it to them. I don't need their info.

As for DK'ing the neighbors, I don't know of even one successful FE agent that does that. I've heard talking head FOS marketers say to do that.

I've always heard to do that(the T), but I never liked the idea. The neighbors will know your lead's business, and they'll mention to your lead that you were there and they'll know you're coming and probably won't answer the door.......unless you do "The Wave".:laugh:

Back