DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

There seems to be a doubling down on the genetic testing thing...These guys arent walking away from it...Seems to be the notion that if they "screen for the test correctly" that CMS and federal regulators will leave them alone. Is this market too volatile to be splitting hairs to do it?

No one is saying that genomic testing is a scam, but doing it unnecessarily is. If you took AHIP and remember the "Fraud, Waste and Abuse" part this should make sense.

Agree on this. There is enough waste in the legitimate medical community, that we should not be adding to it.

"Would you like a side of 2 labs and a biopsy with your flu visit today? How about an ear wax cleaning? Sure, you just came in to get help for the flu... but, there are so many other things we offer!!!!!!!!"

I wonder what these agents will do if/when this falls down and they lose their license/renewals/livelihood?

Call me cynical, but I think the agents falling for this have less than $50,000 in med supp renewals after being in the business for 3 years+ and have just never made it, and likely never will make it - so the easy money is compelling.

Call me cynical, but I think the agents falling for this have less than $50,000 in med supp renewals after being in the business for 3 years+ and have just never made it, and likely never will make it - so the easy money is compelling.

How about the IMOs involved though, such as the ones who claim to have 10,000 agents in their downline? I don't uderstand their thinking.

How about the IMOs involved though, who claim to have 10,000 agents in their downline?

True.

There seems to be a doubling down on the genetic testing thing...These guys arent walking away from it...Seems to be the notion that if they "screen for the test correctly" that CMS and federal regulators will leave them alone. Is this market too volatile to be splitting hairs to do it?

Seems to me the business of an (health) insurance agent is to provide insurance coverages that help their customers mitigate the financial risks relating to the costs of medical treatment, NOT to market medical procedures.

How about the IMOs involved though, such as the ones who claim to have 10,000 agents in their downline? I don't uderstand their thinking.

money money money. So 10,000 agents with an average customer base of 300 medicare beneficiaries each get their customers to provide their personal medicare and medical information to a testing lab. Lots of government cash floating around.

Seems to me the business of an (health) insurance agent is to provide insurance coverages that help their customers mitigate the financial risks relating to the costs of medical treatment, NOT to market medical procedures.
I don't know if I can agree with you there LD. We already market insurance coverage for certain "CONDITIONS". For example, Cancer...Heart Attack/Stroke, Accident, etc. :yes:

Back