DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

So there is no certainty if this is a scam or not yet...the battle back and forth here continues.

I heard about this from another agent recruiting me to join. It costs $50 to get set up as a rep, and I would get $700 per completed test. She's a good agent (not a newbie), but I'm still hesitant.

Apparently, part of the process is the bene talks to a tele-doc to get the "medical necessity" thing taken care of so the test can go forward.

I heard about this from another agent recruiting me to join. It costs $50 to get set up as a rep, and I would get $700 per completed test.

Last Friday I attended a webinar and it was $50 to join and $15 for the mandatory HIPAA exam. The guy who ran it said he's working on a program to offer pre-set appointments for $25-$50 each. Said it takes 15-45 days to get paid.

The very next day, an agent (who I know and trust) sent me a link for the very same company (Carelumina) the guy above is using. Total MLM, but in this case it's $200 to join and they plan to run "health fairs." Said it takes 60 days to get paid and she knows an agent in FL making $7,000 per week.

I said, "show me the money and we'll talk."

WARNING: Individuals promoting genetic testing of Medicare Patients may be committing Medicare fraud and abuse.
How Could this be Medicare fraud or abuse?
When an individual offers to provide an educational session to a group of seniors, takes their Medicare number, then does a DNA swab, this does not meet Medicare’s criteria of medical necessity. They are offering a service to the general population without determining actual need and they are doing it outside the guidance of the Medicare beneficiary’s own physician.
WARNING: Individuals promoting genetic testing of Medicare Patients may be committing Medicare fraud and abuse.

Norm Mitchell, good point. I'm scheduled to attend a national carrier's road show this Wednesday (unless it snows). I'm going to ask if they're aware of these tests and programs and will report back after.

Senior Medicare Patrol ? Is SMP under CMS jurisdiction? Who is Senior Medicare Patrol?

Home - SMP Resource Library

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
This website was supported in part by a grant (No. 90MPRC0001) from the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Grantees carrying out projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Therefore, points of view or opinions do not necessarily represent official ACL or DHHS policy.

https://www.smpresource.org/Handler.ashx?Item_ID=A05540AE-4591-41EE-90ED-9DF5F26A6B7C

Senior Medicare Patrol ? Is SMP under CMS jurisdiction? Who is Senior Medicare Patrol?

Sounds like the "Neighbor Watch." Or as my mother likes to say, "Shanty Irish." You know, peering out from behind the white lace curtains, sharp tongued, starting trouble with the neighbors.

well, you can always ditch the security gig... it's never too late!

Ha - no . . .

But did research it and a long time friend actually operates the platform it is built on.

Fraser Burns, owns Ocenture, and they in turn produced the concept and private label it to peeps like Carelumina and others.

We both hometown Jacksonville boyz . . .

Back