Do any mutual companies contract with independent agents?

Spin

Expert
Phoenix
Or is that also something to get from an IMO?

What's the commission and renewal rates for fully underwritten life insurance?

How much are the dividend payouts to policy owners?

Thanks and happy Saturday!

oops sorry: Guardian and Mass will not.
Mass will offer what they call a corporate contract but the minimum production requirements are quite high.
NY Life will contract with a broker but I believe their minimum case size is 25k

Ray,
I was with Guardian for 20 years,your life business goes through a GA.,
There is nobody in the home office to process it.
Who do you send your apps to?

Ray,
I was with Guardian for 20 years,your life business goes through a GA.,
There is nobody in the home office to process it.
Who do you send your apps to?

I guess we just define "direct" differently. You're correct, it's a Guardian GA (as it is with Mass). The difference between that and some other carriers from my viewpoint is that I can call a sales desk, my office can check on business, etc. Some companies won't even talk to an agent/agency, they force them to go through their IMO/BGA.

I was just trying to communicate that you don't need an independent IMO to be appointed with those carriers.

Oh, and I am 100% online so I send everything in via eApp.

Lafayette is a great mutual that contracts independent agents. FexContracting has been contracting agents for them for 10-years now. They pay 100% on their fully underwritten WL.

oops sorry: Guardian and Mass will not.
Mass will offer what they call a corporate contract but the minimum production requirements are quite high.
NY Life will contract with a broker but I believe their minimum case size is 25k

It’s funny you say that . In 2015 I did a $1 mil term conversion with ny life . The premium was $21 k ( in 2015 the min case size was $19k ) . It was hell getting contracted . Ny life had a rule if the agent who wrote the term policy was still active another agent couldn’t convert it . I did one case and 7 yrs later im still contracted .

Back