Do FIA's really average 10-12% or is that pie in the sky

I used both Kitchen leads for quite a while..I'm not on his program any longer only because I prefer F2F appointments not phone appointments but just to be fair to Brett his radio add doesn't say a specific number he does say the possibility of double digit returns...but he's talking about using IUL's, which any good ETF for that matter has performed so the S+P indexes using in IUL's has also performed... I have clients in the Symetra, Pac Life and Accordia Life IUL's and all of their S+P indexes have performed...

sorry to not be a debbie downer on Brett... his $5k per month did get me 25-30 people a month on the phone but I'm a better Jerry MaGuire _coffee table closer than an over the phone guy and as for that people are meeting in person again so no problems there either.

I never said his system does not produce leads. Ive seen the system before via other agents and it certainly produces prospects.

However, the marketing they use to obtain prospects does not comply with state regulations or carrier marketing regs. Meaning the agent could get into a world of trouble using those leads.

It doesnt matter if the commercial is for IUL or not. Promoting those levels of returns is not compliant. And all that matters is what product the client was led to, not hat the commercial was about. Using what regulators would consider misleading marketing for one product, just to sell a different product, would be two marketing violations in one. That would be considered a form of bait and switch marketing if most of the non-compliant IUL leads end up in annuities.

Agents are risking their career if they choose to use non-compliant marketing.

I personally am not that desperate for clients.

Last edited:
I as for the best, most recent and worst... even the AE worst with their SG market nad Crdit Suisse are showing worst case over 9% for the last 20 years....

The BCA- Citi Bank GrandMaster Flash and the Funkadelics shows 12.45% average the past 20 years.... .

Good info to know, I havent looked at AE much recently. Have some old contracts with them using Monthly Sum that have had double digit returns in many years.

However, setting up expectations of double digit returns is not smart imo. Over the past 14 years, the average FIA return for my book is around 5%.

Back