Do I go captive?

Call me a "hater" or "unprofessional" if you want to but what I say is "get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat". I had to agree with Frank's observation. Based upon your initial post it appears that either your boyfriend doesn't know what he is doing or doesn't want you to learn the business and is using you. Either conclusion is not especially flattering.

From the questions you ask it appears that although you have been licensed you have a lot to learn. My opinion is whether you are captive or indy is not the most critical element you need to determine. In either situation the key to your success is to find a mentor that you can do joint work with and from whom you can learn the business. As far as I know every outfit is straight commission except Metlife, American General, and Western Southern pay a starting salary. I don't know about other companies.

New to the forum and sorry to bump an old thread.

Patch, can you send me the info on the annuity marketing company?

i am currently in the process of getting out of the captive field, just not a fan of it anymore, i want my own thing. get some training, and then go independent

Back