• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Do social media and websites help for insurance leads and marketing?

Jade Morgan

I'm reaching out to fellow insurance agents to gather insights on the effectiveness of digital profiles and social media platforms such as Google My Business, Yelp, and the utilization of websites for lead generation in insurance marketing.

Whether you're a captive or independent agent, your experiences are invaluable in understanding how these digital tools impact our industry. Have you found success in leveraging platforms like Google My Business and Yelp to enhance your online presence and attract leads? How about using social media for insurance marketing?

Seeking your thoughts on digital profiles & social media for insurance marketing. How effective are platforms like Google My Business, Yelp, and websites for leads and insurance marketing? Captive and independent agents, how do you benefit?

Your input is invaluable!

Jade, definitely need online presence. not sure about social media but you want online reviews if you have good relationships. can't speak for anyone else but a good rating and reviews with google my business i think helps any business do well.

Have you found success in leveraging platforms like Google My Business and Yelp to enhance your online presence and attract leads?
Yes
How about using social media for insurance marketing?
Yes - however its really challenging to measure the value of social medai.
How effective are platforms like Google My Business
Very Effective....use it and update it often.
Free Version-Effective, but only after you get 5 or so Five Star Reviews. However there are drawbacks to this program. The leads tend to go out to at least two or three others that pay for the platform. [FYI Paid Yelp- I believe is a complete waste of your money, unless you have employees you just need to keep busy]
and websites for leads and insurance marketing?
Effective Yes....but only after a really long period of time doing local blogging and linking.

Not all leads are created equal. Three Yelp Leads are worth One Referral Lead.

Best of Luck!

Last edited:
If you spend time locally promoting your website and linking with other local business, it will pay off in the long run. It obviously takes time. Lets say I spend 2 hours a week promoting myself for 1 year. That about 100 hours that I could be phoning instead. Its likely the 1st year I would loose money. I would have been better calling people and growing my book business. On the hand the rate of return in 5th year looks so much different. You can spend 2 hours a year and get 500k annuity leads. For a new agent, website is a trap, its an excuse not to call people and get rejected. You need x number of rejections before making it in this business. If spending time on social media means avoiding phoning and rejection, it will do more damage to spend time on websites.

Back