Do You Need a Release Letter from an IMO to Work with Another IMO

Speaking of naa, anyone know what happened to the firenaa page?? I enjoyed reading about how naa promoted individuals making 500k and they were actually only making 20k and filing for bankruptcy

I used to be with them too and was a top 15 producer with them. They are no more of an MLM than any other IMO.

It's easy to take chaep shot and NAA deerves most of the criticism they get. No reason to make false charges agaiknst them.

I'm sorry if you think I'm taking a cheap shot at NAA. But i just call it as I see it. Are you saying because you were a top 15 producer, they are not an mlm. I'm trying hard to follow the logic here. Just because you did not recruit anyone and you still made decent money doesn't mean they are not an mlm. Just means you did not fully execute their business model.

I'm sorry if you think I'm taking a cheap shot at NAA. But i just call it as I see it. Are you saying because you were a top 15 producer, they are not an mlm. I'm trying hard to follow the logic here. Just because you did not recruit anyone and you still made decent money doesn't mean they are not an mlm. Just means you did not fully execute their business model.

I think he explained it pretty well when he said that he didn't think they were anymore mlm than any other IMO.

It really depends on how you define MLM. A popular MLM program right now is Ambit Energy. There are some token earnings you can make by getting folks to switch their energy supplier, but for the most part the only way to make any real money is by recruiting. By contrast, one can easily earn a good living with NAA if they did nothing but successfully sold the product. Now, I'm not suggesting that folks should quit their day jobs and go work for NAA, but the product stands on it's own merits, you don't have to go out recruiting if you want to make a buck. I think that's the difference between the insurance industry as a whole and most MLM programs, you can actually make a pile of money just selling the insurance without having to recruit anything.

No, it means one of us is clueless as to what an MLM is. Doesn't matter if I was ever there or not. By your definition of an MLM then every insurance IMO is an MLM.

I'm with EFES now. I'm direct to a regional director. He makes an over ride on my business and then EFES makes an over ride on my business. If I were to put agents under me I would make an over ride and then so would my upline. Is that an MLM?

If it is that's how every IMO/FMO works and if you don't want that then this is not the business for you. There are a few companies that will contract direct but you genrally get higher commission by going through an IMO.

So, if that's what you think an MLM is then NAA is an MLM and so is every IMO/FMO out there.

Ive never heard of an IMO being an actual MLM...there is a product and it does sell and it is basically where all the revenue comes from. So no it could never technically be a mlm

However using the term loosely within that relm, yes there are good imos who strive to help you excel in thus profession

And then there are those who seem totally focused on bringing in more and more meat to the party and lets see what sticks to the wall this week. Thats the mlm type

Efes can actually be tough to get into if there isnt a territory open near you

But when I was at AIL we called hundreds of resumes each week, they did group interviews with 20-30 people each week, and the place was in constant 'orientation' week. After month 1, I was senior at that place. "That place was like sooo MLM dude"

No, it means one of us is clueless as to what an MLM is. Doesn't matter if I was ever there or not. By your definition of an MLM then every insurance IMO is an MLM.

I'm with EFES now. I'm direct to a regional director. He makes an over ride on my business and then EFES makes an over ride on my business. If I were to put agents under me I would make an over ride and then so would my upline. Is that an MLM?

If it is that's how every IMO/FMO works and if you don't want that then this is not the business for you. There are a few companies that will contract direct but you genrally get higher commission by going through an IMO.

So, if that's what you think an MLM is then NAA is an MLM and so is every IMO/FMO out there.

I'm very clear on what an mlm is. And I am very clear that NAA is an MLM. Their business model is based upon recruit, recruit, recruit. I was pressured into recruiting before I even learned how to write a policy. Recruiting was stressed over selling the entire time I was with them.

A multi level structure(a structure in which you get an override on anyone you place on your team with a lower contract than you have) is very different than multi level marketing which requires a team in order to reach the volume requirements needed to advance to the top levels of an organization.

That's not to say that other IMO's don't have volume requirements to advance beyond your starting contract. The question becomes can you advance to the higer level contracts on the stroke of you own pen. If you need a team to do that, that spells mlm all day long. If you see things differently its certainly ok to agree to disagree. I respect your viewpoint I just don't agree with it.

I'm very clear on what an mlm is. And I am very clear that NAA is an MLM. Their business model is based upon recruit, recruit, recruit. I was pressured into recruiting before I even learned how to write a policy. Recruiting was stressed over selling the entire time I was with them.

A multi level structure(a structure in which you get an override on anyone you place on your team with a lower contract than you have) is very different than multi level marketing which requires a team in order to reach the volume requirements needed to advance to the top levels of an organization.

That's not to say that other IMO's don't have volume requirements to advance beyond your starting contract. The question becomes can you advance to the higer level contracts on the stroke of you own pen. If you need a team to do that, that spells mlm all day long. If you see things differently its certainly ok to agree to disagree. I respect your viewpoint I just don't agree with it.

You do not have to recruit at NAA to advance in commissions. I increased my commission by 30 points, {5 points at a time}, based solely on personal production. Yes, I was pressured to recruit but I did not bow to the pressure and just got leads and wrote business. I advanced to agency manager without ever recruiting even one person. Now agency manager without anyone to manage is just simply a title but I still advanced without ever recruiting.

You do not have to recruit at NAA to advance in commissions. I increased my commission by 30 points, {5 points at a time}, based solely on personal production. Yes, I was pressured to recruit but I did not bow to the pressure and just got leads and wrote business. I advanced to agency manager without ever recruiting even one person. Now agency manager without anyone to manage is just simply a title but I still advanced without ever recruiting.

Hmmm maybe things really changed since you were with them. I don't have NAA's commission schedule in front of me but at the time I was with them advancement was definitely based on personal production and recruits.

The first few levels you could reach alone. But to reach the higher levels you definitely needed a team. You could not be an Agency Manager (which would give you an 85% contract) unless you had a certain amount of legs and recruits and 60,000 in production for 2 months in a row. If you had the volume but not the specified number of recruits and legs, you were not eligiable to be promoted.

In addition, they had the 50% rule in which you could not get more than 50% of the volume needed for promotion from any one leg in order to be promoted. I have their commission schedule "somewhere" and can dig it out and send it to you if you would like.

So that really brings me back to my original point. NAA is a network marketing (mlm organization). While you do get an override on your team members production in other IMO structures, advancement to the higher contract levels is not based upon a specified number of recruits or legs. They also do not have a 50% rule. These are distinct components of MLM. So its not just the overrides that creates the MLM structure as you dicussed in your previous post you have to look at the entire business model specifically the commission structure.

I'm not saying an MLM or Network Marketing structure is good or bad. It works well for some and others fail miserably. But thats pretty much the case with anything. My philosophy is educate people and then they can make an informed decision on what works best for them. I do believe though, that members of the forum after reviewing NAA's business model and commission structure would be inclined to agree that they are an MLM.

What Nevada is describing is definitely an MLM. A MLM is an organization which places recruitment above product selling. A Pyramid or Ponzi scheme takes it a step further, there is no product and it is all a scam.

What Nevada is describing is definitely an MLM. A MLM is an organization which places recruitment above product selling. A Pyramid or Ponzi scheme takes it a step further, there is no product and it is all a scam.

At Amway you do not have to recruit you can just sell soap.

Last edited:
Back