Do you roll your MA's over year to year?

Like everyone else has pretty much already said, you need to make sure they are in the best plan for each of them. I was a captive agent for Humana and their plans went from being on of the top 2 down to almost the basement of the plans in this area.

95% of my clients I talked to last year switched to Todays Options and Wellcare. I just got Wellcares plan for 09 and now I am wondering how the others will change. IMO Todays Options for 09 is the better plan. The fact that TO's plan has the $2500 OOP max that includes even cancer drugs has me leaning toward them so far. I have only seen the Atena, Wellcare and TO plans so far. Humana I have "heard" will not have a $0 premum this year, UHC or AARP has never looked good but you never know, Cigna may be coming to this area and Coventry I've heard may be staying about the same, which was just alright this year.

Sorry for going on..

But the one thing you need to realize is that switching them is only bad if you are doing it for the commission. If you are getting them better benefits you are doing the right thing for your clients!

What are the Wellcare changes for '09?

Are TO's premiums going up again for '09? The last outline I saw, the premiums were staying the same, but, the benefits were decreased. For example, the hopital co pay on the Premier went from $195 to $350.

Of course, when I saw it, it wasn't the final deal. I haven't seen the final yet.

My counties went up. They are using a 5 tier method.

What are the Wellcare changes for '09?

Nothing to bad..Just believe TO is the best-

Wellcare A counties stayed with $0 premium for Sonata and Concert

Sonata

Dr. Co-pays 10 and 15 - up $5
Hospital 125 a day 1-6 - extra day and $25 more per day
But improved Skilled Nursing to first 20 days and $128 for 21-100

Concert
Dr. Co-pays 15 and 35 - up $5
Hospital 175 a day 1-6 - extra day and $25 more per day

Given just the basics so far not sure about out-patient and other details.

Just wish they would include cancer drugs in the OOP like TO does.

They have also added a couple of other plans called Serenade and Quartet

Serenade is 29-39 a month with the same benefits as Sonata right now-with the improved SN benefit.

Quartet is 98 a month with $0 Dr. and Special $15
$0 for hospital and the other co-pays. Don't see the need for this plan-Can get a plan F for $107

Nothing to bad..Just believe TO is the best-

Wellcare A counties stayed with $0 premium for Sonata and Concert

Sonata

Dr. Co-pays 10 and 15 - up $5
Hospital 125 a day 1-6 - extra day and $25 more per day

Concert
Dr. Co-pays 15 and 35 - up $5
Hospital 175 a day 1-6 - extra day and $25 more per day

Given just the basics so far not sure about out-patient and other details.

Just wish they would include cancer drugs in the OOP like TO does.

They have also added a couple of other plans called Serenade and Quartet

Serenade is 29-39 a month with the same benefits as Sonata right now-with the improved SN benefit.

Quartet is 98 a month with $0 Dr. and Special $15
$0 for hospital and the other co-pays. Don't see the need for this plan-Can get a plan F for $107

I got the full breakdown shortly after you had posted. Actually, they gutted plans quite a bit. The "A" counties didn't take nearly as big a hit, but, the B and C counties look pretty bad now. Of course, other companies are going to do the same, so, they may still be better.

Wellcare did add a lot more counties. Especially here in Ky. I was really hoping they would add Daviess County and they did. Problem is, it's a C county. It may even have a premium. I haven't seen that part yet.

It was good news/bad news day for me with Wellcare.

Back