Doctors and Medicare Are the times a-changing?

Just go to the Medicare.gov website and click on the the green button that say "$ Estimate Medicare Cost" and fill in the compare information. They changed the format a little bit but the info is still there.

Here is what I got.

at the top
upload_2019-8-3_13-32-43.png

But if you scroll down . . .

upload_2019-8-3_13-33-58.pngupload_2019-8-3_13-32-43.png upload_2019-8-3_13-33-58.png

What's with the $682 per day for OM + Medigap?

Who put this crap together?

Here is what I got.

at the top
View attachment 5412

But if you scroll down . . .

View attachment 5413View attachment 5412 View attachment 5413

What's with the $682 per day for OM + Medigap?

Who put this crap together?

In addition I put in medium premium good health

shows Med supp cost Total Premium: $228.72($135.50 standard Medicare premium + $93.22 for Medigap) (Take $228.72 * 12 =2744.64)

But Annual cost medical not with drugs $3,728.64 Huh where is $1K in cost from

MA
Total Premium: $168.50
($135.50 standard Medicare premium + $33.00 extra for this Medicare Advantage Plan)

Estimated yearly health care costs (based on selected health status) $3,054.00

The same cost of $1000 above premium with all those copays Wow

Clearly, it was showing plan N somehow with $1K in annual out of pocket

Medicare Part B Coinsurance or Copayment:$185 (Part B Deductible) Up to $20 copay for some doctor’s office visits and an up to $50 copay for ER visits that don’t end in an admissionTests for diagnostic services: $0

I been saying for a few years years now that smalls trends are starting to show in the market that doctors are leaving Original Medicare and will only accept MAPD. The reason, is that Original Medicare's payments are not keeping up with inflation.

Over time, I think you will slowly start to see this gain steam.

As I undertand, its more common in the expensive West Coast states. here is an article that talks about it a little from a few years ago. Only about 79% or Oregon doctors accept Medicare:

Medicare 2015: More doctors rejecting original Medicare - oregonlive.com

MAPD is the future of Medicare. Those that fight it will eventually go out of business.

Now que Somarco to flame me because he disagrees...

MAPD pays what medicare approves. If someone has medicare and supplimental the provider gets even more $$

That makes no sense

hc.gov still is confusing and isn't fixed. Five or six years after Obama showed how easy it was to pick a health insurance plan (like buying an airline ticket) the ghost of Obama is back to fix Medicare.

What could possibly go wrong?

Not Bob. @LewB found this.

They probably let the folks at Wellcare write this software for them.

Or the Russians.

What a crock.

I did not find this. Sometime during the last AEP the feds sent me the link so I could compare my med supp to a MA plan. I was curious so I followed the link and could not believe the misinformation.

Personally I think this sucks, but like it or not the feds are pushing people into MA plans.

Back