DOES Anyone Know how Primerica Insurance Works??

Sep 21, 2013

1. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    A.M. Best includes that in every rating, you're barking up the wrong tree here.

2. toolbelt

toolbelt Guru

I'm suggesting that if these ratings are basically about "are about financial health of a corporation", their issuance has little bearing to the consumer and possibly are more about the profitability on monthly premium rates.

3. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Again, barking up the wrong tree. A lot of factors go into an A.M. Best rating. Reserves versus coverage in force, mix of business, how invested, managed, reinsured, and many more. Most of the term companies that get mentioned on here have similar or better ratings, so it really doesn't say what you think it does.

And to say ratings have little bearing to consumers is to gloss over things. While for a consumer, there is little difference between various A ratings, a B rating can be a big deal. Particularly if the policy is more than the state guaranty fund, or has features that would not be protected by the state guaranty fund.

4. Rob Lion

Rob Lion Guru

State:
    Alaska
    That's my issue with them, Don't spout about protecting families when your nothing but a term policy peddler their the reason why 85 year olds want another 10 year term that they can't get .

5. toolbelt

toolbelt Guru

That is mandated by State laws so any insurer in business is mandated to have reserves to back their policies, so every insurer operating legally meets that standard.. But per Best's footnote, its not a guarantee on the products in any way, and more related to accounting fundamentals in a corporate office.

6. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    As it is for EVERY company's ratings.

DHK, Apr 8, 2019
  7. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Again, you really are barking up the wrong tree, and the more you continue the more I perceive you really don't understand what a good rating means and some of what goes into it.

8. toolbelt

toolbelt Guru

9. VolAgent

VolAgent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes, and you keep missing it.

Simply having the required statutory reserves will not get you a strong rating. The quality of those reserves matter, as I have been saying all along.

And I hope you are aware, most of the term companies promoted on the site have similar ratings from A.M. Best, even though often their premiums for the same coverage are less. Which is why I have been saying all along, a strong rating is not reason enough to condemn Primerica.

10. Cornelius

Cornelius Guru

The link stated PFS has 126,000 agents..Time to go to work..