Does IEP Election Code Trump Proposed Effective Date?

(1) I would want to know the entitlement dates to verify that the person is within the IEP since you're error prone. (2) Some carriers are set up so if you wanted that 12/1 start date you'd have to choose from a list of 2014 plans. It sounds like you were looking at 2015 plans so the application was likely processed with the AEP election for the 1/1/15 start date. (3) A person can't choose an effective date using IEP. If it's done in the first 3 months, then it's the first of the month T65, if it's done any later then the plan will start the first of the following month.

If you talked to the absolute right person at the plan, then maybe they'd fix the start date.

Application was taken in November and he turned 65 in December and medicare card said 12/1/14 effective for A and B so his first election is IEP .The UHC iEnroll software doesn't discern between 2014/2015 plans in the plan choice drop down box the only options is the effective dates.FYI other than the almost grayed out font on the iEnroll plan selection at the top it doesn't mention plan year anywhere else on the electronic application. I am now fairly certain that an application coded with IEP is suppose to default to next available effective date no matter what the agent enters as requested effective date unless the rules are different when crossing plan years.

Turns out I was able to provide the customer a link for a free month supply of vytorin and 10.00 co pay Androgel since he isn't enrolled in part D this month.This actually saved him him about 200.00 he would have paid in part D premium and co payments had I enrolled him for 12/1/14 so he called me and asked me not to change his effective date.

Special Offers for VYTORIN (ezetimibe/simvastatin)

Savings & Resources | AndroGel (testosterone gel) 1.62%

Back