Does Premier Senior Marketing Sell Obamacare Plans?

You know I like the idea of partnering with my employer to bring in this new lines. We know each other very well and this can benefit us all. When we got the recession we were hit really hard, many truckers went out of business, others left FL for other states less affected, others went to drive for bigger shippers, for less but steady income. Our agency let go like 3 people, and then cut our salaries about 30% across the board, and they got a couple of bank loans to meet the payroll, but all that is behind us now. Our salaries are back to pre-recession levels and we have truckers coming back again. I am really appreciative of their efforts to keep us on board in the difficult times.

I have heard of agents who hire sub-agents and develop the business. There is so much I would like to learn and understand. How the mechanics of all parts interact. Me, my own agents, my employer and the deal between us, who gets paid by who, and how much, how much is an override and is it palpable enough to be interesting for both?

And in the process of hiring agents, will they have to surrender their commissions to me? Or they would get paid directly by the carrier and I will only get the overrides? And why would an agent sign up with me when they can do their own thing too? Could they at some point bypass me?

I definitely agree with you. I better stick with what I have now, but adding a touch of entrepreneurship to it. The thing is the know how. Seems to me like a big puzzle.

Well, a lot of agents just like to be independent and I would say that is the way to go if you already didn't have a relationship with an agency you've worked for 10 years.

If the owner's trust you and I guess they have since you're doing their books, I would bring it up as starting a new company with you as an equal partner for health and life and have commission's paid to agency and you as an owner agree on a salary and maybe a bonus for production, you build it until such time you need agents. You have clients and an agency system now use them to your benefit. One step at a time, don't even consider hiring agents until you can show them the benefits and you've figure everything out.

----------

Oh, I wouldn't know what company's to tell you to start with down in Broward. If you want to do florida blue you may be able to get a MAA contract (a step below cga) but you will be captive for under and over 65 products and if that is the route contact the person I said this morning.

Otherwise there are many more knowledgeable agents on this forum that can tell you the in's and out's of the other company's. Good luck.

Back