Does switching MAPD plans in OEP reset MOOP to Zero?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't apply to the coverage gap .i know we're talking about MOOP, but that question may come up too.

If it’s an hmo to ppo or ppo to hmo even with the same company the moop resets . It must be a ppo to ppo flip or hmo to hmo flip for moop to not reset . I’ve confirmed this with several carriers . Obviously moving to another carrier moop re starts

If it’s an hmo to ppo or ppo to hmo even with the same company the moop resets . It must be a ppo to ppo flip or hmo to hmo flip for moop to not reset . I’ve confirmed this with several carriers . Obviously moving to another carrier moop re starts
This was my understanding also.

Have you confirmed this with UHC because i was told by a trusted source that moop transfers from PPO to HMO.
That’s incorrect it does not transfer with any carrier .

Attachments

• E80A6AD1-7FE2-48DF-AE62-6A0971E4C0C0.jpeg
    E80A6AD1-7FE2-48DF-AE62-6A0971E4C0C0.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 8
UHC makes this exception i believe.If i remember correctly i called UHC member services one time to confirm after a trusted source told me they do but i am going to call again to confirm

UHC makes this exception i believe.If i remember correctly i called UHC member services one time to confirm after a trusted source told me they do but i am going to call again to confirm
Lol member services ? Those are a bunch of clowns that know zip . Call your regional and get something in writing from the company . Report back what you find

Back