Does Your State Sell Drivers License Data

Well Todd02...I do see how this could be useful for the volume oriented agent. It should inevitably improve closing % on efforts. I guess you can make more money this way vs keeping it proprietary to your operation & growing a massive staff on this platform?

Ya know, I really hope you succeed. For some reason, while I do hate you, I respect your ability to see this vision through & take it this far. Many people lack that, many people criticize...but few can do that.

I guess we share that common thread. f@g

Well Todd02...I do see how this could be useful for the volume oriented agent. It should inevitably improve closing % on efforts. I guess you can make more money this way vs keeping it proprietary to your operation & growing a massive staff on this platform?

Ya know, I really hope you succeed. For some reason, while I do hate you, I respect your ability to see this vision through & take it this far. Many people lack that, many people criticize...but few can do that.

I guess we share that common thread. f@g

Agency MVP will be the first database who can track the competitiveness between insurance companies in Real-Time. Meaning if you're not using MVP you're at a severe disadvantage.

I feel like my algorithms will be adopted by all carriers as well as help control wild rate swings taken by carriers. So ya planning on becoming filthy rich.

My beta users saw between 50-300 times increase in closing ratios. In a 6 month period. Then you can see your true capacity, increase marketing and hire more staff.

Thanks Ins1822. I'm sure you'll continue to Facebook stalk me and admire my hot fiancé and cute kids.

Now I'm curious how most of you not in Texas get consumers Drivers license numbers WITHOUT asking the consumer. Again... without asking.

Now I'm curious how most of you not in Texas get consumers Drivers license numbers WITHOUT asking the consumer. Again... without asking.

In my state, there's no way that I know of. You need permission to run reports that carriers pull through Lexis Nexis

Texas has a unique view of the Drivers Privacy Protection Act, which allows usage of DMV data for insurance. Most states view that provision of usage to require the consumers permission, but apparently, TX views it as requiring an insurance license.

For marketing purposes though, DPPA is very clear that any marketing with DMV data (any state) requires an explicit opt-in. The explicit opt-in means you have asked them for the license number and they have agreed to being marketed to.

Basically, if your system is automatically pulling new DMV data and not getting permission each time, you will probably get your hand slapped (pretty hard) at some point in the future. I certainly hope you've talked to lawyers along with your engineers.

Technically, what you are doing is easy. The easiest way is to get a subscription with Lexis Nexus, but you'll have to agree to their terms.

If you want to read up on DPPA, you can find it at:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2721

Dan

Back