Don't Get Left in the Dust, Check Your Site if Its Google Mobile Friendly

Understood. But what if mobile site doesn't covert as well?

It wont convert at all if you drop too far in the SERPs...

As John said, having a mobile responsive site is different than a totally separate mobile template. You can have a mobile responsive site look very similar to your normal desktop version. (your web designers should be able to convert your current site to a responsive site)

I would guess that the majority of your clients find you through a desktop/laptop based on the demographic of LTCI. But if having a responsive site boosts your SERP rankings (since google now counts off if your site is not responsive), it will boost your conversions via increased traffic.

So imo the larger issue is the SEO aspect with google and not the user experience aspect with the responsive site. However, I would still try to make the responsive version as user friendly and convertible friendly as possible.

Do you keep track of how many consumers find you via desktop vs. mobile/tablet?

It wont convert at all if you drop too far in the SERPs...

As John said, having a mobile responsive site is different than a totally separate mobile template. You can have a mobile responsive site look very similar to your normal desktop version. (your web designers should be able to convert your current site to a responsive site)

I would guess that the majority of your clients find you through a desktop/laptop based on the demographic of LTCI. But if having a responsive site boosts your SERP rankings (since google now counts off if your site is not responsive), it will boost your conversions via increased traffic.

So imo the larger issue is the SEO aspect with google and not the user experience aspect with the responsive site. However, I would still try to make the responsive version as user friendly and convertible friendly as possible.

Do you keep track of how many consumers find you via desktop vs. mobile/tablet?

I do not keep track. I am busier than ever. My blog posts have not suffered in the SERPs so I do not care about mobilegeddon.

Like to hear people's thoughts.

I hate mobile sites, and always try to switch to desktop version if possible.

I have yet to make my site mobile friendly because I want people to see my site as it looks on a desktop, SERPs be damned.

Does anyone else dislike mobile sites?

Yes, mobile sites suck - prefer desktop mode MUCH more.

Keep in mind Google's "Mobile-Friendly" update only affects searches done on a mobile phone. The update has no effect on tablet or desktop searches.

Think about how your customers research and buy. If they are looking for quick quotes on the go (e.g. car insurance), this is critical. If your products require more education and research done at home or work (e.g. long term care insurance), this update probably won't affect you has heavily.

Back