Don't Panic!

Why is this hard to believe? Because you can't or don't do it?

We have agents do that and more on a regular basis. In our back office we have a picture of the top agent of the day, posted for the week.

This week for instance, goes from a low of $4,152 (on Sunday) to a high of $36,796 (today) by one agent!

If you don't believe it I'd gladly do a web share and show you.

:yes:

Big Fat B...S.....Alert

If you say so. I think I am the perfect example of the agent who WILL be in the health market. You see, I have other revenue streams in this business. I have a decent trail commission on my investment advisory business and a pretty good renewal commission on my Med Supp business. Those two alone pay all of my bills, taxes and I still have disposable income. So I can weather the storm of the cuts in my individual health insurance business and still get by. I'm not happy about losing that money, but I'll make it.

It's because I have other income that makes me the perfect example of an agent who will continue to be in the health market. It's those guys who do nothing but health who will start looking to add other revenue streams and not focus only in the health market.

You are a perfect example of the agent that might not be in the health market anymore.

I think this is an honest assessment, just venting, not giving up, right?

I'm as positive as the next guy, but why can't I complain about losing money? Individual and small group only makes up about 20% of my income, but it's still a significant amount of money (at least in my eyes).

It sucks that I am losing a chunk of change starting next month. Will I survive? Of course. I'm pissed nonetheless.

If you're sitting as a desk making $300 a week selling insurance and the agent next to you is making $1,000 a day - how is that relevant? Are they going to pay your bills?

Getting into this business because "someone knows an agent" who's making 500K a year is like wanting to get into computer software because Bill Gates is rich.

Mortgage company; "You're 30 days past due."

You; "That's ok because I heard about an agent who's making 15k a month!"

Absolutely. I've got a stay at home wife, a 20year old in college and a 15 year old who is actually a junior in high school and will be going to college in a little under two years. I don't have the luxury of "giving up". The money I'm losing more than paid for my sons tuition, books, parking, meals, gas, car insurance, etc. Now that has to come from the other "stack".

Yes I'm pissed. These exec's in their ivory towers aren't taking a 40%-60% paycut (at least on that side of the business). The agents are the only ones getting screwed here. Not to mention the American public when this is in full effect in 2014.

There, now I feel better. At least until I see my next commission check from all of these health carriers. But thank God (that should drive Rick nutty) I have other revenue streams.

I think this is an honest assessment, just venting, not giving up, right?

I think part of the point was that it's possible to do more than many on this forum seem to think.

It's often argued more what you cannot do, or it's a pity party, too much negativity etc.

Look up the story of Roger Bannister and see what happens when people become aware of the possibilities.

If you're sitting as a desk making $300 a week selling insurance and the agent next to you is making $1,000 a day - how is that relevant? Are they going to pay your bills?

Getting into this business because "someone knows an agent" who's making 500K a year is like wanting to get into computer software because Bill Gates is rich.

Mortgage company; "You're 30 days past due."

You; "That's ok because I heard about an agent who's making 15k a month!"

Last edited by a moderator:
We can all talk about the Maria Carrey's of the industry. The problem is when average singers with average talent and an average work ethic put a lot of time into a singing career because Maria is rich and successful.

Likewise I see a lot of pikers in this business putting in their solid "3 hour days" and can't understand why they don't have the same results as people who are up by 6am and finish up their emails before they go to bed.

Back