Door hangers-Real ROI numbers

Now, I wonder if they would work for cable insurance?
For $12.95 a month, we'll guarantee you won't lose your cable (subject to certain terms) for a period longer than 2 hours. If you do, we'll instantly switch you over to satelite.

There is a good lesson here.... marketing methods perform differently for different products, and with different demographics. Door hangers for insurance probably don't appeal to the higher end of the socioeconomic scale, but doorhangers for pizza (with a coupon) appeal to virtually everyone.

Dan

You guys are all talking about using the door hangers for health insurance - and it appears to me that they're all success with a healthy return on investment.

Has anyone tried it with life insurance only? Whether people are insured with their health at work or individually, I've seen the statistic over and over again that something like 80% of people do not have life insurance.

Mr. Rosenthal, at his agency, was kind enough to have sent me the following door hanger example and .mp3 file explaining how he's used it successfully for life insurance.
You can see the example and hear the file here.

Has anyone else tried it with life insurance? Where Rosenthal tells people to call him, I think it's more likely they might try to investigate you online a little before doing so. I'm thinking of also adding a toll-free number (credibility) and my website (like www.directlifeprotection.com where they could get a quote and/or apply online while the whim has hit them and they're thinking about this.

I've often heard that people respond much more to a tear-off mail in card than calling in for something they're interested in. Even though, if they thought about it, someone will be calling them back on their reply card anyway.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?? Thanks!

Oh, and for those wanting to try just business cards or glossy postcards, get them free all day long at Vistaprint here.

I'd love to see the numbers as well. I'm looking into this today for the full run of financial products. The weight must come off!!! And like everyone noted, it is better than wasting 2 hours in the am over planning your day. Great thread and good info!

Look at it from the perspective of a potential buyer. Which of the following are you more likely to act on based on a solicitation left on your door.

Pizza

Cable TV/Satellite

Chinese food

Lawn service

Life insurance

I submit if you are getting calls for life insurance based on a doorhanger, there is a good chance the folks are uninsurable.

Look at it from the perspective of a potential buyer. Which of the following are you more likely to act on based on a solicitation left on your door.

Pizza

Cable TV/Satellite

Chinese food

Lawn service

Life insurance

I submit if you are getting calls for life insurance based on a doorhanger, there is a good chance the folks are uninsurable.

Yes, it is most likely they'll call for pizza or chinese food. but it's all about hitting the right person at the right time.

If they just saw a major traffic accident on the way home from work or they just had a friend die unexpectedly, they might just be thinking about insurance.

And sure enough as fortune might have it an insurance flyer is on their door. Puts you 1 step ahead of the guy in the yellow pages.

I'll upload the spreadsheet next week... So far a decent ROI and I would recommend to a new or timid agent... (the sales cycle is fairly long, so unless you can make it 3-6 months without a steady income, I would not recommend as a primary lead source)

Here's the caveat.. I have a pretty thorough follow-up system with online leads... They get called/emailed on a religious schedule. Selling these things is not turn-key. You have a lot of tire-kickers and people looking to buy something in two months when they quit their jobs.

When I was putting them out every day I was getting 2 deals per week.

If anyone else knows how to get 2 deals per week before business hours start and drop a few pounds let me know.

Back