Dumb Question Possibly, How Does One Go Independent?

Craumas

I'm currently contracted through a certain company that has a pretty low reputation on this forum and I'm getting zero help through them and almost all of their leads have disconnected phone numbers or are too old to insure(85+ years old). I'm extremely disappointed with the way I was trained(or lack thereof) and it seems they make their money off of re-selling the same leads over and over again. So my question is, how do I go independent and start selling other companies life insurance?

I tried getting into the life insurance business but I got discouraged by my lack of training and communication. I don't want to give the current company I'm with even a dime. I had to take a break from their system because I've been sick and in the hospital and I can't access any of the leads I had on there and even if I sold to someone who isn't a lead from them I couldn't enter it into the system anyways because my lead software isn't active.

I need some advice and help from people who have been in the game longer than I have, thank you.

Search Matt Mungia, Todd King, Newby, David Duford (Rearden), Ben Bowman, Doug Massey (agentguy5) . All are great for final expense plus some medicare training. Talk to them and see which one you mesh with, pick one and follow thier traing program. All those guys are excellent at what they do, they are fair with commissions and releases just pick the ONE that meshes with your personality and work the system they give you.

I'm currently contracted through a certain company that has a pretty low reputation on this forum and I'm getting zero help through them and almost all of their leads have disconnected phone numbers or are too old to insure(85+ years old). I'm extremely disappointed with the way I was trained(or lack thereof) and it seems they make their money off of re-selling the same leads over and over again. So my question is, how do I go independent and start selling other companies life insurance?

I tried getting into the life insurance business but I got discouraged by my lack of training and communication. I don't want to give the current company I'm with even a dime. I had to take a break from their system because I've been sick and in the hospital and I can't access any of the leads I had on there and even if I sold to someone who isn't a lead from them I couldn't enter it into the system anyways because my lead software isn't active.

I need some advice and help from people who have been in the game longer than I have, thank you.
First of all, who are you with now? :huh:

First of all, who are you with now? :huh:
Symmetry, all of their speeches is about recruitment and "the system" which they never seem to explain what it is. It's almost cult-like in their events and videos/chat logs they say to "believe in the system" or some phrasing similar to it. They appealed to me because I could do it part time, most places demand full time, but I'm trying to finish up a degree and so a full time work load in insurance would be too much, at least for me.

I feel you, brother. I went through 3 different agencies because if what your went through. I stopped selling completely with my last IMO because I refused to give them another penny of my business. I just recently got appointed with a new IMO and it's like night and day. I have already sent my brother and sister to them to apply. Let me know if you're interested and checking them out, bud. You'll be the third person I sent to them in my 2 week appointment! Lol. And, no, they don't train people to recruit. It's not MLM. It's actually a breath of fresh air.

Edit: I sent you a message bud. I hope it works out for you. I know how it feels, bud

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of MLM? Paid a sign up fee, pay for online access, pay for training/marketing materials, pay for seminars, conferences and conventions? The customer is staring you in the face when you look in the mirror.
I didn't have to pay for any of the conventions or marketing material, as well as any sign up fee. But when I joined it always felt somewhat like a mlm, so I didn't put a lot of money and time into it because I felt a little wary. But since all of this came to a head I just want to figure out what the process is of becoming an independent agent.

If you are knowledgeable about your market and enjoy the grind; don't get too bogged down in the "unknown" of launching an agency. I spent roughly 10+ months "planning" to launch mine and, in the 18 months since, it is vastly different than any of my actual plans. You have to love the process and embrace the suck. Good luck!

dumb-questions.jpg

Just kidding, it wasn't a dumb question.

Back