E&S Carriers Commissions

I am a west coast wholesaler. We negotiate commissions all the time. Unless it is WC or Commercial Auto, you should be able to negotiate up to 15% on GL and commercial property. You can also negotiate broker fees.

Good luck.

I will negotiate increased commission for you for 25% of the difference between 10% and whatever I find you...

No, but seriously... tell them you have choices, ask what the highest commission they will pay at no increased premium... see what they offer... Also separately ask for a negotiated override for sending them 1mm written premium annually... you would be surprised at the flexibility you'll encounter depending if they are rebrokering it, sending to the carrier, or writing in house as a program.

I completely understand and respect you want higher commissions but sounds like you need a broker you can trust and will deliver. I am your guy for the job. Give me 10% of your trust and allow me to earn the rest.
I wish you the best of luck with that.

You may want to revise your approach to fit more with the situation at hand, which is e&s brokers buried under a flood of business. It sounds like you are trying currently to push a square peg into a round hole, getting the brokers to operate the way you (and frankly most of us) wish they would.

I've been doing this 12 years and have never had an e&s broker tell me to screw off and then hang up on me, so I am inclined to suspect there may be some issues at your end to resolve, not just theirs.

I wish you the best of luck with that.

You may want to revise your approach to fit more with the situation at hand, which is e&s brokers buried under a flood of business. It sounds like you are trying currently to push a square peg into a round hole, getting the brokers to operate the way you (and frankly most of us) wish they would.

I've been doing this 12 years and have never had an e&s broker tell me to screw off and then hang up on me, so I am inclined to suspect there may be some issues at your end to resolve, not just theirs.

Mark, I think you're responding to the wrong guy, Darren IS an E&S broker, @dahonored1 was the one complaining about commission percentages

Yeah it's hard to find good employees these days, but to get some traction going with you, I would be more than happy to take a look at your submissions. Impressive response times & I actually pick up the phone.

Appreciate the offer, but I have plenty of brokers on my side of the country who will look at 25K+ premium submissions

Mark, I think you're responding to the wrong guy, Darren IS an E&S broker, @dahonored1 was the one complaining about commission percentages

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Frankly, Alex, since you're running for insurance commissioner in a west coast state, you may wish to respond as below.

"Dear Mark. You are a special and unique snowflake. You responded to the wrong post, but it's certainly because of the evil patriarchy, or the crushing oppression of our capitalist system. One could argue that you should have responded to the correct post, however new science has determined that you can just identify the situation as whatever you like, and what makes you feel warm and snugly at the moment. Rest assured, if you pay more taxes, we will give you all the warm fuzzies you want, and fix this just like we have with inflation, the roads, homelessness, the borders and healthcare."

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Frankly, Alex, since you're running for insurance commissioner in a west coast state, you may wish to respond as below.

"Dear Mark. You are a special and unique snowflake. You responded to the wrong post, but it's certainly because of the evil patriarchy, or the crushing oppression of our capitalist system. One could argue that you should have responded to the correct post, however new science has determined that you can just identify the situation as whatever you like, and what makes you feel warm and snugly at the moment. Rest assured, if you pay more taxes, we will give you all the warm fuzzies you want, and fix this just like we have with inflation, the roads, homelessness, the borders and healthcare."

Of course, Mark, I am so sorry; that is exactly what I meant to say. I have spoken with my attorney, who advised me to adopt a special and unique snowflake non-discrimination policy. You of course, will still be receiving a settlement of $80,000 for the pain, suffering, and distress I have caused you. I would also like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology (I assure you it is very genuine and definitely not forced by my legal counsel). I am SO SORRY for the humiliation you suffered for me pointing out YOUR mistake. It was clearly MY mistake for pointing it out. You are a victim of the evil patriarchy (of which you will be receiving reparations from me, since I identify with the male gender).

You will also be receiving a lifetime achievement award - for your achievement of existing within this capitalistic hellscape your entire life.

I know that the $80,000 settlement, my public apology, and lifetime reparations will never be enough to rectify the damage I have caused today, but I'm hoping it's a start. One day soon.. you might be back to feeling like the warm snuggly Mark that you deserve to be.

Back