E Telequote ... throw me a bone ..?

I forgot to mention that none of them make money and all of them will hold releases if you leave. You won’t own your book. I don’t understand why so many capable agents go the LOA route. This business is crazy lucrative when you own your book and sell with integrity.

We're you saying that THEY don't make money or that anyone who works for them doesn't ..?

Last edited:
We're you saying that THEY don't make money or that anyone who works for them doesn't ..?
They do not make money. Or if they’ve found a way to eek a little profit on paper, they have massive debt that comes due soon. I think it’s fair to say that anyone who know’s the industry well will admit these are houses of cards waiting to fall. Maybe that won’t matter to you. Just join with open eyes.

I several friends and acquaintances that work at SelectQuote in KC. They do fine and have health insurance, etc...but they are definitely under a thumb.

If you are a skilled agent who can build relationships, you can do much better on your own or with a small agency.

If you are learning the ropes, only have one foot in or just want someone to tell you what to do and when to do it, you can do a lot worse.

They do not make money. Or if they’ve found a way to eek a little profit on paper, they have massive debt that comes due soon. I think it’s fair to say that anyone who know’s the industry well will admit these are houses of cards waiting to fall. Maybe that won’t matter to you. Just join with open eyes.
My brother works for spring venture. He is on the side that only sells supps. Not only does he make $20 an hour once he gets to certain number during the month he gets $100 per app plus a bonus. 2 years ago they also started getting residuals. Right now he makes 30k a year on residuals plus his regular pay. He is on track to make $160k this year and he is just an average agent. Several make over 300k a year. Plus he has benefits and 401k. All he has to do is answer the phone and work 8 hours a day. During AEP he is working 10-12 hours a day including Saturday's but even independent agents do that. This company has been around for 15 years and still has not made a profit.

Back