E Telequote ... throw me a bone ..?

My brother works for spring venture. He is on the side that only sells supps. Not only does he make $20 an hour once he gets to certain number during the month he gets $100 per app plus a bonus. 2 years ago they also started getting residuals. Right now he makes 30k a year on residuals plus his regular pay. He is on track to make $160k this year and he is just an average agent. Several make over 300k a year. Plus he has benefits and 401k. All he has to do is answer the phone and work 8 hours a day. During AEP he is working 10-12 hours a day including Saturday's but even independent agents do that. This company has been around for 15 years and still has not made a profit.
I agree some loa’s can do good . And independent not for all .But i bet his residuals not vested . And the main problem is he can’t take off 3 months from selling and just answer his calls and make fat residuals still . He has to hustle forever

I several friends and acquaintances that work at SelectQuote in KC. They do fine and have health insurance, etc...but they are definitely under a thumb.

If you are a skilled agent who can build relationships, you can do much better on your own or with a small agency.

If you are learning the ropes, only have one foot in or just want someone to tell you what to do and when to do it, you can do a lot worse.
Or one can do both ..? I'll bet those friends didn't have a book of business prior to getting with SQ ..?

Last edited:
My brother works for spring venture. He is on the side that only sells supps. Not only does he make $20 an hour once he gets to certain number during the month he gets $100 per app plus a bonus. 2 years ago they also started getting residuals. Right now he makes 30k a year on residuals plus his regular pay. He is on track to make $160k this year and he is just an average agent. Several make over 300k a year. Plus he has benefits and 401k. All he has to do is answer the phone and work 8 hours a day. During AEP he is working 10-12 hours a day including Saturday's but even independent agents do that. This company has been around for 15 years and still has not made a profit.
Great. But your brother has done good ... isn't that the point?

Or one can do both ..? I have a licensed partner also. Use capital from one format to fund the other ..? I have not been suggesting anyone should abandon their independent agency to work exclusively with a call center. As far as the "sell your soul" drama goes ... take Ohio for example ..? 43% of those in Medicare are on an MA plan ... that's not going to change no matter what anyone on here including me has to say ..? If I work with a call center, my agency is separate ... markets separately and yes, prefers original medicare with a supp. and pdp whenever possible ... that's always up to the client ... they 'll be FULLY aware of the risks involved and all their options. I know an agency out of Florida ... I know these guys well ... we worked indie plans for 10 years prior to the ACA changing everything ... they got into Medicare ... they have 820 agents across the U.S. now ... yes, it's all MA with them ... sometime ya gotta game the game for a while ...?

Last edited:
I'll hawk their supps remote if they want ... long as I can keep my existing business ...

Back