Early Breaking News Aetna Commissions

I haven't heard anything more, really hope that is true. If Cigna follows Aetna's lead, those two will snatch a lot of GR's business in NC.

GR isn't a better product anyway, who would want to sell inferior quality for less money, or even the same for that matter?

To Aetna's credit, they approved a client who was turned down by two other companies. She got a 100% rate-up, but wasn't too bent out of shape about it.

Actually, this may be at the root cause of Aetna's problems - schizoid underwriting. Any time one company will take someone turned down by 2 others, it makes me just a wee-bit leery or their underwriting integrity.

Claims DO add up.

In Delaware, they are so out of line it is preposterous. I was told by their sales director that this is due to claims on ONE person - who actually is in the process of meeting his lifetime max ($5 mil). Just think - what if that were a reform-compliant plan??
:no:

I hear the rest of ya's too on the Pennsylvania thing, but when my license came up for renewal last month, I punted. The only thing I saw as sell-able in PA was Coventry - it was miles ahead of everyone else, including Aetna, at least in the greater Philly area. So I just opted to focus on other states instead of relent to contracting with that bozo company (Coventry).

Anyway, except for PA, seems like we all agree that Aetna is DOA.

But it helps to show them in spreadsheets.
:idea:

Agree. In 2004 it seemed like Aetna was taking everyone in MD that wasn't on an iron lung. Next up...rates got whacked out and now we have the "Value Plans."

Last edited:
Agree. In 2004 it seemed like Aetna was talking everyone in MD that wasn't on an iron lung. Next up...rates got whacked out and now we have the "Value Plans."

same thing happened in PA.. Aetna was really rockn n rolling then POOF all of thier top plans disappeared. Kinda upset with the way that co is headed.

Aetna is not competative here in the Chicago Area (most of the time) but on the other hand they will take more people that the others won't (at a premium) sometimes this is the only option.

Has anyone heard anything from Aetna as of yet? They have a statement on Producer World, that they would let us know by 11/30/10, if they were going to be modifying Agent commissions.

Back