EasyMedicare.com cold calling Advantage plans

My client did not request the call. She was cold called with the anticipation of selling a Medicare Advantage plan. Again, the only sell Advantage plans in my state and the website is all about Medicare Advantage plans. Clearly violated CMS guidelines and UHC and Humana are turning a blind eye to it.

Plans/Part D sponsors may not: •Use door-to-door solicitation, including leaving information such as a leaflet or flyer at a residence; •Approach potential enrollees in common areas (e.g., parking lots, hallways, lobbies, sidewalks, etc.); or •Use telephonic solicitation, including leaving electronic voicemail messages

The parent company sells Medicare Supplements and advantage.

You're wrong.

Your client mentioned MA.

No bait and switch, not telemarketing for MA.

You're welcome to have your client report them.. however I'm quite sure they have the call recorded and of they don't, no proof.

Unlikely UHC or CMS will do anything more than a slap on the wrist warning.

However, have your client report.

Travis, Thanks for correcting me.

You have finally answered the life long question: How do you tel-market Medicare Advantage plans and be compliant? Many have asked this question over the years and never found the answer.

According to you, all you need to do is cold call a Medicare beneficiary and get them to say Medicare Advantage and you are free to poach them with a hard sell.

Thanks Buddy!

Let’s be honest. It’s the Wild West again in Medicare. Cold call MA. Switch people during non valid election periods. It’s all ok now and it has been for a year at least.
At least that’s what I’m finding out from the clients that I’ve lost

Let’s be honest. It’s the Wild West again in Medicare. Cold call MA. Switch people during non valid election periods. It’s all ok now and it has been for a year at least.
At least that’s what I’m finding out from the clients that I’ve lost

When I was working for Aetna I bought a house. I met my neighbor who was an old guy, surely on Medicare. He asked me what I did for work. I thought to myself "Do I need to have him sign a permission slip and wait 72 hours to tell him that I sell Medicare Advantage plans?"

Travis, Thanks for correcting me.

You have finally answered the life long question: How do you tel-market Medicare Advantage plans and be compliant? Many have asked this question over the years and never found the answer.

According to you, all you need to do is cold call a Medicare beneficiary and get them to say Medicare Advantage and you are free to poach them with a hard sell.

Thanks Buddy!

That's not at all what I said.

1) They didn't cold call for MA and there's no indication they did.

2) Your client brought up MA, they did not. You cant cold call or bait and switch if you don't know if they have an MA plan or not.

If I cold call someone for MS (or whatever), and they mention they have MA, I have every right to ask them if I can review their plan to see if they're getting the best benefits.

3) They shouldn't bring up UHC or any other Medicare Advantage company without a scope. You may have a valid point here.

4) No one's "poaching" your clients. That's not how this works. You don't own them. If I have the opportunity to market to your clients, I would do it in a heartbeat.

If you're worth a crap, you've already built a relationship to keep them and I can't talk them away.

Unless they're saying they work with you or enroll people without their knowledge, they aren't stealing anything from you.

4) Grow up. If you feel you have a valid complaint report it. If not, STFU.

According to your profile and website, you have 1 year experience....It shows.

I've been on this forum since March of this year this go around. The last time I was was way back in 2010. Prior to that was 2004. I've the been in the Medicare market since 2004. So there's that. First in SC, then in 2012 in MI.

Considering you have a whopping 35 posts it says more about you than me.

Secondly.. as I can track who's visited my website, you have not. At least not today.

And if you had looked at my about page, the first line of the section about me tells you I started in 2004 in SC ;)

Last edited:
You can piss into the wind all you want. Your the reason why I don't post on this forum.

I'm not pissing in the wind.

You threw a temper tantrum because you think someone is poaching your clients and violating CMS rules. Based on what YOU posted, they aren't EXCEPT they shouldn't have brought up UHC without a scope.

Then you decided to try to challenge my credibility.

I didn't agree with your main point of telemarketing MA or that they're "poaching" your clients. If you're so insecure that you don't post here because someone didn't agree with you, that sounds more like a YOU problem.

My client did not request the call. She was cold called with the anticipation of selling a Medicare Advantage plan. Again, the only sell Advantage plans in my state and the website is all about Medicare Advantage plans. Clearly violated CMS guidelines and UHC and Humana are turning a blind eye to it.

Plans/Part D sponsors may not: •Use door-to-door solicitation, including leaving information such as a leaflet or flyer at a residence; •Approach potential enrollees in common areas (e.g., parking lots, hallways, lobbies, sidewalks, etc.); or •Use telephonic solicitation, including leaving electronic voicemail messages

I will say half the people that fill out a form online or even on Facebook claim they never requested a call or filled out a form

Latest posts

Back