Educational and Sales Events

I do seminars all year round for t65 business . Educational and follow up after. Been doing this for at least 10 years.

I average about 10 t65 sales a month while spending about $700-800 in direct mail leads. I’m hoping I can add another 5-10 a month doing a weekly seminar. Or cut Out direct mail all together.

Recently I was at a local business networking group and met the director of a local fitness center. They have a large Silver Sneakers program and she gets asked questions all the time about Medicare, which she can't help them with. I was invited to do an educational-only presentation at a large wellness fair they are having in late September. They won't charge me for the room and they'll advertise as well.

Another agent and I were talking last night about starting to offer seminars in libraries, churches, etc. Our target market will be T-64, since the insurance carriers are mailing out a year in advance now. Some things I want to bring up are IRMAA (which no one is aware of until they receive the letter from Social Security then they are screaming and hyperventilating), SPAPs, MSPs and the cost of the new shingles shot. Also, I want to emphasize the best time to buy a Med Supp, since everyone thinks they are healthy and will never get sick. Then, when it's too late they want one.

I average about 10 t65 sales a month while spending about $700-800 in direct mail leads. I’m hoping I can add another 5-10 a month doing a weekly seminar. Or cut Out direct mail all together.
I t think your lead cost is prerty good if you are doing 10 a month.

I thought AHIP's suggestions was that for educational events you hire a magician at $250, & just hope that you have expected attendance 17 or more so that you do not violate the $15 rule. You should also provide light snacks (crackers are light), no Thanksgiving style meal as that would also be a violation.

But no cheese 'n crackers, because God forbid, someone makes a sammich outta them.

I like to serve cookies and cake, water, soft drinks and coffee.

Yeah, but you have to be careful about those cakes. You probably shouldn't bring a pound cake as those might be too heavy. I don't think you can get much lighter snacks that cheese puffs or rice cakes, so those probably go well. :spinny: ;)

Back