EHTH 4th Qtr Conf Call

referenced rates of 80% and more in various states to support the PPACA requirements. When those rates are published, there is bound to be a counter action, perhaps through partial repeal of EHB's or delayed implementation, or perhaps something bigger.

EHB is such a small part of the rate, repealing or modifying that won't work.

GI is the biggest piece, followed by 3:1 compression and community rating.

All the rest has a marginal impact.

The subsidy dollars, if they materialize, will be need to be much greater than anyone imagined.

Yes, I too am shocked . . .

Anyone making less than $50k will not be my target market.

cant wait til I make that first call Oct 1, I already have the client at the top of my list.... here they is:
she is 31 year old graphic desiger(I think) paying about 100 something a month now and always bitching about how poor the plan is cause its got a 3000 HSA deductible..... I just cant wait:

I lady, your rate is now going to be 250 a month and your out of pkt is now 6100 bucks.....screaming will take place and I will provide the phone number to that nice house on Penn Ave and then I will have lost my first client by 910AM on Oct 1st

elections have results

cant wait til I make that first call Oct 1, I already have the client at the top of my list.... here they is:
she is 31 year old graphic desiger(I think) paying about 100 something a month now and always bitching about how poor the plan is cause its got a 3000 HSA deductible..... I just cant wait:

I lady, your rate is now going to be 250 a month and your out of pkt is now 6100 bucks.....screaming will take place and I will provide the phone number to that nice house on Penn Ave and then I will have lost my first client by 910AM on Oct 1st

elections have results

I think we should have a contest on which health agent loses their first client to ObamaCare the quickest on 10/1. ;)

The market lies outside the exchange. Carriers know that. So does Norvax (and presumably Quotit).

I don't anticipate seeing agent sites running a quote engine for HIX plans and rates.

That will only come to down whether or not we can have apps taken online and give us credit through the Exchange. If we have to be present and get it on paper, then there's no way agents will do much inside Exchange business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think we should have a contest on which health agent loses their first client to ObamaCare the quickest on 10/1. ;)

The east coast guys will have a significant advantage over the west coasters ....

Last edited:
That will only come to down whether or not we can have apps taken online and give us credit through the Exchange. If we have to be present and get it on paper, then there's no way agents will do much inside Exchange business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The east coast guys will have a significant advantage over the west coasters ....

I have a short-list of clients I would really love to lose! Perhaps I could call them in late September and lose them early!

I have a client with a striped down high deductible family plan (non hsa). Pays about $175 a month for the family. Received an email recently asking if he could write a group plan to get it cheaper. That will be a fun one also. Nice guy, but will see how he takes it when his premiums skyrocket. Oh, he is non-GF.

Investors didn't like the earnings or the outlook I guess. Stock price has dropped from $25 to $17.50 in 2 days or 30%

Now down to $15.80 today, down 20% just today.
Or 37% over 2 days.

This concerns me, as their revenue projections are directly correlated to ours. So, either the street is missing something, or we are.

Now down to $15.80 today, down 20% just today.
Or 37% over 2 days.

This concerns me, as their revenue projections are directly correlated to ours. So, either the street is missing something, or we are.

correct me(I may be wrong on this one) aren't they just a big old MGA with their own website?

If so.... as I have stated over and over there is no market for the MGA in health care reform. I started stating that back in 2010

Back