Eventually all Medicare non Commissionable

What the problem is a full 100-150% above agent commissions is going to overrides and marketing money . Think about that . People who have zero work in getting the client are costing carriers 150% above the comp paid to the agent who secures the business . Just like the fmo’s threw the agent under the bus to keep their overrides they’ll take the agent overall down the tubes .
That's a lot of Fat --- !

What???

So what you are saying is if someone feels there supplement is expensive you can say that?

or are you talking about people who do not have Medicare yet?

You certainly would not be talking about people who already have MA because that is a weird argument
I have no clue what you’re even saying. Wasn’t talking to you. Was asking Somarco, what he does when he people tell them they can’t afford supplements. You went off on a tangent.

I almost never run into someone who says they can't afford a supplement plan. I rarely get objections, and when they come up it is more because they don't want to pay the premium vs affordability.

On the rare occasion when they do say it's not in their budget, I ask if they could afford to pay a "surprise" bill of $500 . . . $1,000 or more.

If they say they can't, or won't pay, rather than extending the discussion I refer them to a friend who can enroll them in an MA plan.
Just was curious when you got into that debacle. I’m sure it doesn’t happen often but we all run into things was curious how you talked through the situation.

I’m sure it doesn’t happen often but we all run into things was curious how you talked through the situation.

My online presence is focused on Medigap, which effectively filters out most of the tire kickers who want to order from the dollar menu.

WAG . . . maybe 5%, or less, want to know how Medigap compares to MA. Most have done their "homework", talked to agents (who usually deflect by saying "You don't want to pay a premium, do you?"), and have seen the Joe Namath ad dozens of times but never called.

And many of the conversations start with "Don't try to sell me one of those Advantage plans" . . . so, I don't.

Agents who are afraid to discuss the downside risk of MA may lose the sale because the prospect is smart enough to think they are not getting the full story.

And they probably aren't . . .

Agents that gloss over the medical part and focus on the extra's like dental & vision are going to be lost in 2025 when many of the plans reduce benefits for dental & vision.

That is their problem, not mine.

I have no clue what you’re even saying. Wasn’t talking to you. Was asking Somarco, what he does when he people tell them they can’t afford supplements. You went off on a tangent.

You dont know what I am saying??

How hard is it

We are talking about telling people a Medicare advantage is ""just like"" what they have

You dont know what I am saying??

How hard is it

We are talking about telling people a Medicare advantage is ""just like"" what they have
Not sure how you insinuated that when the questions was “what do you do for people who can’t afford a supplement?” Pretty straight forward question I thought anyway.

Not sure how you insinuated that when the questions was “what do you do for people who can’t afford a supplement?” Pretty straight forward question I thought anyway.
somarco said:
Anyone who states that MA is "just like what you have now" and uses that as a sales pitch really does not understand the differences in EGH and MA works. The networks are NOT identical.

"just like what you have now"

was the core of the statement you were responding to, if you mean sperate then that I am sorry for misunderstanding what you were getting at

Anyone who states that MA is "just like what you have now" and uses that as a sales pitch really does not understand the differences in EGH and MA works. The networks are NOT identical.

never said the networks are identical please read more carefully.My point was that many consumers especially the ones aging in who have gone down the youtube rabbit hole doing their research or talked with their providers and come away thinking they should 100% exclude MA as a possible option don't realize MA is a managed care plan just like what they have had for ever except compared to a EGHP it is usually better in the fact there is usually no deductible and never a co insurance for in network inpatient stay and unlike EGHP it is very unlikely that they hit their moop even if they have a hospital stay.This is even more relevant when a working medicare eligible is considering dropping the current employer plan to get medicare.

Except sometimes the network is identical. “Just like what you have now” is a lazy and irresponsible way to describe it, but it’s also lazy and irresponsible to suggest that MA plans are much more restrictive than a group plan. They’re both managed care. Managed care companies do managed care company shit.

Supps and MA are both good - neither are bad, per se. They’re good for different reasons.

Walter

Back