Ex Captive Agent Now Indy, Where's my Renewals

ProMan

Hi, I used to be a captive firm for many years, and I left to become indy, loving it. Anyways, I called their home office to get my renewals commision statements, and I found that I get about few hundreds every month which I haven't got from the GA, any advise how I can get the money back? Thanks

Don't know what line(s) you were working. But many times the renewals stay with the company if they owned the book. If that is the case then the check is not in the mail. At least that was true for me on P&C side. Your situation could be different. I'd call the GA if you think you should be getting those.

Did you assign commissions? Did you have any debt when you left?

No debt when I left, I didn't assign any commision, I know home office pays ga and ga pays the agents, and ga and I don't really have the best relationship

No debt when I left, I didn't assign any commision, I know home office pays ga and ga pays the agents, and ga and I don't really have the best relationship

If the company pays the GA and the GA pays you instead of the company paying you direct, then that means you assigned the commissions to the GA. As long as the company pays the GA, they have pretty well met their obligation.. You are going to have to go after the GA for the money.

Back